Worst day ever

Not sure what's broke. Little far down the line from anything moving, but we'll find out. It's off to the right of #4. In front of the timing chain. Beauty is it was under pressure. Metal fragments go out, not in. Drop it, split it, and take a bunch of pictures.

I have a plethora of main, and rod bearings. Measure everything out, and when you know what you need hit me up. Maybe I can fill in a bunch of positions for you.

Don't draw conclusions until you get in there. It might come down to a case, bearings, gasket kit, and some Zuki-Bond....never know until you know !. Might get lucky. Roll the bones, and let's find out.

Wow Greg! Wake up to read this turd in the punch bowl story :( I have a few side jobs coming up in a few weeks. Pm me a pay pal, and I'll see what I can send over towards parts.
Fyi I've been there. 30 days after a frame off build it was all trashed. Times 3. two bikes and a truck. It blows, but you do it again for
What we love and enjoy.

Did not see the second picture. Yessir. We need some parts. Greg, relax, it'll be back in action in no time. Wish you lived near me. Just need someone with the right tools. Who lives out there that's built a motor or two ?.

oil line only adds pressure
ratchet keeps tensioner held in place

FWIW I never had that line off, let me know if you want to double check the cam timing, but it should be fine,
If it's an early cct, with a spring, the chain CAN jump with predictable results. Happened to me in '99.

Did you remove the oil plug behind the oil filter when you removed the oil cooler?

I'll post pictures of the entire tear down. I'll eventually make a long post to document this entire journey. Hopefully like last time, someone will spot something I missed.
Yeah buddy that's the rebound spirit. Just know this could have happened to any of us & we all feel invested in you & your bike build. Most read back 2yrs when it started & have been interested since.

Ok. So engine out. Valve cover off. I broke another cam chain guide. This is the second one. Same exact spot as the last one. That’s not right. I’ll tear into it more tomorrow. In laws are here for dinner.

This one is going to Frank if he'll take it on. I'm done trying my hand at it. I'll let the master build it up.
PLEASE keep us in the loop..... Once upon a time I spent a lot of money on a motorcycle and it BARELY made it home.... You can imagine how pissed my fiancée was THAT night... im not a rich man and the purchase was a fairly risky one for me right from the beginning.... If the bike had a hurt motor I would have been in trouble.... I would have had to just about empty my bank account to build a new one... but I got lucky..... frank bailed my azz out.... I firmly believe in the golden rule, I cant wait till u get this sorted out(we all know how hard u worked on it).

Last edited:
Back