Worst day ever

greg3852

Registered
So. I ride down to see Frank. Get a great tune. Running great. Head back.

Decided to plug in my phone to charge and it kills the battery. Stop to get gas and it won’t start. Get it pop started.

Drive 6 miles and get a flat. On a hill. Leave the bike. Go get can of fix a flat. Walk back to bike.

Fill up tire. Push up hill. Pop start.

Drive 15 miles, and bike makes a pop sound and all the oil is out. Someone shoot me. Please.

So. I ride down to see Frank. Get a great tune. Running great. Head back.

Decided to plug in my phone to charge and it kills the battery. Stop to get gas and it won’t start. Get it pop started.

Drive 6 miles and get a flat. On a hill. Leave the bike. Go get can of fix a flat. Walk back to bike.

Fill up tire. Push up hill. Pop start.

Drive 15 miles, and bike makes a pop sound and all the oil is out. Someone shoot me. Please. View attachment 1600379

View attachment 1600380
did it blow off an oil filter seal or something?

Didn’t make it home. Got the flat and dead battery. And just now about 15 min from home something popped and oil is every where.

Damn. Let us know what you find out. We will do what we can. I've been enjoying watching your progress.

Reactions: c10
So my buddy comes to pick me up in his pickup and we couldn’t open the tailgate. Spent an hour trying to open it. Finally got it open. Tire went flat again. Lol. At this point it was comical.

Got it home and look what I find. This line was loose as a hooker. No idea if there is any damage done to the motor. I shut it down quickly but who knows. Won’t know until I charge the batteries up. Fingers crossed. Before that I will say it ran better than stock. Frank really knows what he is doing. She ran absolutely great.

So my buddy comes to pick me up in his pickup and we couldn’t open the tailgate. Spent an hour trying to open it. Finally got it open. Tire went flat again. Lol. At this point it was comical.

Got it home and look what I find. This line was loose as a hooker. No idea if there is any damage done to the motor. I shut it down quickly but who knows. Won’t know until I charge the batteries up. Fingers crossed. Before that I will say it ran better than stock. Frank really knows what he is doing. She ran absolutely great.

View attachment 1600390
that's why i asked if an oil filter seal BLEW off.... I think ull be ok.... u HEARD the thing blow off there and right? no trail of oil down the highway???? For 200 bucks.... for shipping... its worth it to just ship it.and not have to deal with ANY traffic.

VERY glad you got home and also glad it was something simple, there didn't seem to be that much oil on the ground so you might be OK (fingers crossed).

Yes it looks like the sound (pop) was the oil hitting the exhaust. Hopefully I shut it down in time. I’ll find out tomorrow. Batteries are charging.

Was having a great ride until all holy hell started breaking loose. Lol
how did u like the traffic on the George Washington bridge? either the GW bridge OR the Whitestone bridge u went over right?

Flipped my plate and went over Throgs Neck the Whitestone on the way back. No toll and lots of lame splitting. Only had one guy beep. Everyone else moved over a little and was nice.
I hate driving anywhere in NYC.... its comical some of the cutting-off way- over aggressive driving they do.... rush hour must be experienced to be believed

Back