Words of Caution

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
Just a word of caution about Mototech undertails. I don't know if they are going out of business or what. Just before Christmas I ordered the mototech undertail directly from mototech in Canada. It took 10 days to get it. No biggie, the 10 day wait was OK. Once it arrived. I inspected it to make sure it arrived with not damage. It wasen't broken, but... it was not predrilled to fit the Busa (frustrating but I dealt with it); and the right turn signal wires were broken off the soldier points. I soldiered the wires back as good as I could, but the soldier points are tiny and hard to reapply soldier with out getting the turn signal to hot. Finally, the paint job was very poor. It barely covered the wheel well section of the undertail.

So here are the issues I have; undertail should have been predrilled; signal light should have been soldered properly prior to shipment; and the paint should have been properly applied. But heres the real issue, I want mototech to replace the right turn signal. I have called them 3 times and I only get an answering machine. I have sent numerous emails with no response. I guess I'm going to have to find another source for the LED turn signal.

I actually like the look and the tail and brake lights are awsone (I ordered the 40 led lights). However, the customer support, at least for me has been terrible. So a word to the wise, it you order from mototech, be prepared with problems with the product and vertually no customer support after the product is shipped.

That sucks.
rock.gif

How much did you pay for it..? Unfortunately i might have to say you get what you pay for in some situations. Sry for your hassles though man.
beerchug.gif

Ironically, the price on the mototech undertail has come down quite a bit. They used to be pretty pricy... I only paid $168. I bought it because I really like the look. The is my third Busa so I am familiar with who makes what. I just happened to like this particular tail. The one I've always liked the best is the top gun which is what I probably should have bought. The fit was perfect, you just have to replace the lights. Anyhow, I'm going to continue to pursue getting a replacement turn signal.

Is that the undertail with two round brake lights and two smaller signal lights on the side???

It has 2 large round tail lights with the turn signals under the tail lights and toward the outside on each side.

The bites Danny
sad.gif

But its good to see you posting on the board!
beerchug.gif
You gotta do a trackday with us this year or at least the SoCal ride in May!

Definately Charles, I'm planing on riding with you SoCal guys Saturday and Sunday 3rd and 4th of May. Ride over Friday and ride home Monday Morning.

Sorry to hear about all that Copper ....I had a problem with mine 2 years ago ( a small crack just behind the the tag light ) and they sent me a whole new undertail within days. I guess their customer service has gone to crap.
sad.gif
I still like the look though.

Sorry to hear about all that Copper ....I had a problem with mine 2 years ago ( a small crack just behind the the tag light ) and they sent me a whole new undertail within days. I guess their customer service has gone to crap.  
sad.gif
 I still like the look though.
Yeah, I really like the look too. After I got it drilled the fit is OK. My only real complaint is the paint and the signal light. But I can get it painted. I'll just have to try and find an LED that will work.

Sorry to hear that Top Gun is not up to par. I had one on my 03 and it was perfect except for the lights.

Hey Cooper I have some turn signals in clear. I had a problem with the lens falling off one and i reordered more they said i had to get the whole set up. let me Know if u still need that signal.

Thanks, I definately need a signal. Mine are clear too. I would really appreciate it. I only need one for the right side.

Back