WOOOHOOOO!!! MY GRAND TOURISMO BUSA

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
My Dark Smoke Puig Touring Windscreen arrived this afternoon and I just installed it....2" higher and 2 3/4" further back than stock...fit with my 1 1/4 Genmars just dandy...whaddaya'll think???....look cool???...

PUIG1.jpg

PUIG2.jpg

PUIG3.jpg

PUIG4.jpg

Hadta hire a professional model for this next one. My youngest of three daughters...7 year old Rachel LOL!!!

PUIG5.jpg

Fit & Profile looks great to me. L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Cute little girl. Let us know how the touring screen works for you.

Lookin good man!!

After my ride back from Okeechobee today, I'm thinking that might be just what I need. I need to look at windscreens. Yours looks COOL!!

Thanks for the compliments folks!!!

I raced to put the pix up and just got home from dinner with the inlaws but a high speed run test/review/report is forth coming in about an hour or so as in just a few minutes I'll be headed out too I-95 to check this puppy out but I gotta tell ya...I couldn't be more thrilled as I was sorta concerned that "The Touring Model" might stray too far from the fairing lines and dork out the appearance of my Busa but PUIG's styling of this windscreen is awesome and very much in keeping with my busa's lines....except of course for the flip-lip...but hey...that's what I was looking for...great windshedding abilities.

"Race" (standard) and "Double Bubble" versions were fairly common and easy to come by but I hunted high and low for this one....kneedraggers.com found it for me at some warehouse in cali where they had (1) left in stock....$74.95 and it's now on my Busa. LOL!!!..I'm sure there's more and they'll make more though so....he11...even I hadta wait as the guy at kneedraggers took my number and then called me back the next day after he found one..but so far???...imho???...it was well worth the wait and hassel...we'll see for sure in just a few when I go ride/wind test it.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I was considering one of those today. Now that I've seen it installed I think I'm going to buy it. Looks great.

Okee-Dokee!!! I'm Back from my run and I loved it.
smile.gif
I learned something this evening...the lesson being...as far as street level windscreens are concerned???...the windscreen industry shoul've left the phrase "Double Bubble" to the chewing gum folks as what i always suspected after running several dub bubs on my previouse bikes the flip lip touring windscreens have many advantages in the street as follows...

For years now I've suspected that the DUAL PROFILE of the dub bub designs out there forces the winds to vortice against themselves as it sheers off the windscreen at two different angles....this causes disruption and the associated buffeting of the two airflows against each other..which in turn gives that "Fluttering Sail Wind Roar" and relays disrupted buffeting breezes unto the rider...who if they are not in A TIGHT FULL TUCK also get to endure windblast to the shoulders since the dub bub designs I've encountered protect the helmeted head in a full tuck but leave much to be desired on the outermost portions of the upper body...especially if your a broad shouldered kinda guy like myself...this evenings ride with my new Puig Touring sorta re-affirmed those suspicions.

I immediately noticed the Puig Touring was far quieter than any recent dub bubs I've been using, afforded far greater wind protection and the air that was sheering off the top of it's single profile flip-lip was presented in the form of extremely smooth and consistant airflow...no disrupted buffeting...no sials fluttering in the breeze wind roar....just smooth, consistant and almost silent airflow.

Observation Speeds ranged between 60-120.....I wore my JR Pheonix Mesh Jacket to better feel body windblast and the faster I went the better the Puig Touring worked...at general flow of traffic speeds of 80...in what I could best describe as a "Relaxed Tuck"....once my helmet got it's lower 1/2 below the top of the windscreen???...(which btw didn't take much tucking)....my upper boddy literally fell into the bubble and the full single profile screen had my broad shoulders fully protected from any windblast as well.

It's Smooth, It's Clean, It's Quiet and It Works....and???....I couldn't be happier!!!
smile.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

smile.gif

I want a windscreen that is better than the stock one...basically I need to be able to watch the road thru it. I have to lay on the tank to get behind the stock one.

Is this one good for this or?

thanks for the info. I've been debating between the puig db or the touring. you've just helped me make up my mind. I'm buying the touring screen. thanks again for the info. happy riding.:)

Better than the Zero Gravity ST, But not too sure how it's going to work. It doesn't seem much taller than stock.

It looks good man.

Back