Woolich racing ECU flashing experiences?

Very good question, I'm very interested in hearing some responses. Ive often wondered about Woolrich and exactly what is the difference between them and the Boost by Smith flashers?? I know they both use the ECU editor software but I don't think they are compatible as far as maps or capabilities. Seems like most of the busa riders on here talk about the Boost flashers and software vs the Woolrich

Very good question, I'm very interested in hearing some responses. Ive often wondered about Woolrich and exactly what is the difference between them and the Boost by Smith flashers?? I know they both use the ECU editor software but I don't think they are compatible as far as maps or capabilities. Seems like most of the busa riders on here talk about the Boost flashers and software vs the Woolrich

haha, you get the boost by Smith one and Ill get the Woolich one and we can meet up and see!!

You can do more with the Hayabusa in ECU Editor software than Woolich's software for a gen2 not sure about a gen1.

After looking into it a bit it seems that Woolich is a more commercialized version of the ECU flasher. Although their flasher will work with ECU editor, they have their own flashing software where you must pay to unlock certain areas of the software. They also sell .bin files...

A member provided me with a flasher that was based on the original design that Boost by Smith used. I converted it to use as a bench flasher. I tried both ECU Editor and the software from Woolich (locked version) and I prefer ECU Editor.

They both use the same hardware for flashing and now the bin files are interchangeable. The ECU Editor is stronger in the more advanced features with shifter and such but i believe Woolich has come quite a ways with editing the fuel and ignition maps.

yeah Ive been dabbling in the ECU editor and I see that it has the advanced capabilities for nitrous etc. not sure the woolich software will allow you to do it. I think the price for the boost flasher is cheaper and like it was mentioned it has the quick shifter capability, bench flasher, etc. Theres another forum im a member of and its strictly drag racing, performance and turbos, nobody mentions woolich ???

The flashing hardware is the same. Greg sells his auto-tuner/data logger (Gen2 only). his auto-tune stuff is pretty much awesome. He is also selling his interface.

GEN2 BUSA / GSXR / BKING - ECU FLASHING INFORMATION PAGE

BoostBySmith ECU Flasher - $200 + Shipping
Allows for viewing engine data / fault codes / flashing of ECU
Allows datalogging (with laptop connected only), but doesn't sample as fast as
the Woolich Racing Unit
Woolich Racing ECU Flasher - $225 + Shipping
Same features as BoostBySmith unit, but smaller design, flush mount toggle
switch, and datalogs (with laptop connected only) at a faster sampling rate

Woolich Racing Log Box / ECU Flasher (NEW) - $349 + Shipping
Same features as the ECU flashers above
Ability to datalog directly to SD Card (NO laptop needed while logging data)

both WRT and EE use the exact same bin files. Justin took EE and gave it a 3.0 interface update. He hasnt brought in some of the advanced features but you can take EE, set the advanced features and then do the fuel/ignition tuning in WRT. WRT has a much improved interface for the fuel/ignition. He also gave the community the ability to start tuning many other bikes, including Yamaha and Kawasaki.

Back