woohoo!!

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

The Fort is only about an hour from me. I'm on my way.
winkold.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

There used to be a place where i grew up that would make fresh tortillas like that and fill them with barbacoa de cabeza, lengua or cachete for a couple dollars.  
drools.gif
I grew up on texmex and the barbacoa de cabeza is something you do not want to see cooked... gads man, i can do tripe, oysters, but the cabeza... yuk    (hint to non-speakers)  "loco in the cabeza"  

Well I got to get out to the grill,  mesquite fire for pork loin to break down into green chili for burritos..  
laugh.gif
I never had to prepare the cabeza, just the finished product rolled in a nice warm tortilla. It was about 20 minutes from the house I grew up at to Reynosa Mexico and I MISS THE FOOD. Chorizo and egg tacos are another one that I really miss. Some of the grocery stores here carry Chorizo de San Manual. It's made down in the Rio Grande Valley where I grew up.

You keep posting pics like that and Diana and I may end up at your door step for dinner one of these days. It's only 985 miles from McKinney to Ft. Wayne.

wow they "blurred out" the old airstrip
laugh.gif

Here is the Sedona airstrip... the image does not show it well but there is about a 400' elevation difference between the runway and the ground directly in front of the approach (sits on "table top mountain") You have to come in "low" as you are going to pick up at least 100' of altitude from the updraft on the approach to runway 21.. My first landing there I touched down maybe a 1000' past the threshold... sure the locals were giggling over that one..

Sedona

I think its phenominal that we (org) can get together over great food. I'd like to jack the thread and take the time to thank Brendan once again for the FOOD invite to MASS.

Danke'

and now back to your regularly running thread.
beerchug.gif

What times supper done Randy? I'll send my mom to get a to-go order from Michigan City.LOL Kris already copied both, I'm gonna try to get her to fix it tomorrow nite, thanks guys
beerchug.gif

What times supper done Randy? I'll send my mom to get a to-go order from Michigan City.LOL   Kris already copied both, I'm gonna try to get her to fix it tomorrow nite, thanks guys
beerchug.gif
Oh shid..I forgot.

Easy Green Chili..

Four (4) pounds pork steak. (pork assortment pack works also.)
One (1) large onion.
One (1) 28 oz. can green chili (medium hot)
One (1) 4 oz. can Jalapeño peppers.
One (1) 12 oz. jar of green salsa. (medium hot)
One (1) tsp. ground cumin.
One (1) tsp. granulated garlic.

Cut pork to bite size pieces and cook with diced onion. When done put all ingredients in large pot.
Salt to taste. Cook 4 to 5 hours to make it thicken. You can add a few boiled potatoes if desired to thicken however I just cook it down until it looks about right. I also add the water contents from the cans listed above.

Easy, quick and delicious.

Add to my recipe:

Cut pork into bite size pieces and cook pork with diced large onion.

Follow rest of recipe.

r8

mine is not completely detailed either... This is actually a multi purpose chili verde.. can be eaten just like a soup (fantastic if you pour it over nacho chips and top with some grated cheese) or just a bowl with some buttered flour tortillias on the side..

Otherwise, mix up a bit of "cornstarch and water" to thicken mixture for burrito filling.. Top with a splash of filling sauce and cheese...

I always cube up the meat as well (like 1/2 or smaller) and boil the entire collection down... DO NOT add salt until the VERY END... it will tend to "salt up" by itself..

Season (sazon) and Grill pork, cube when done
in large covered skillet...
2 tbl spoons oil, onion, garlic and cook till onions are clear
add everything else and simmer for 1 hour

remove lid and taste..

3lbs Pork (I cook mine on the grill and cube it out when done)
Goya Sazon (to season grilled pork)
Cumin (1/2 teaspoon)
four 7oz cans of green chili's
touch of oregano
large onion
4 cloves garlic
Jalapeño peppers (start with 2, diced w/seeds)
Green enchilada chili sauce (big can)
4 cups water w/ 2 tsp beef base (2 cans of beef consumme with 2 cans water will work)

Green Chili would be an easy dish for bash... could not promise the "monster tortillias" but sure we could find a good substitute..

If there is sufficient requests, I can make it happen
smile.gif

Back