WOOHOO!  30 min ride today

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
all starts with this: Canon S500 pocket spy cam

s500.jpg

add one astronaught wannabee. please notice the CLEAR blue skies as the backdrop... temperature a balmy 54 degrees

astro.jpg

all dressed up and no place to go! we got about 30 minutes of riding in until we looked west and saw this dark cloud dumping buckets of rain on us. I checked and didn't see it on radar before we set out. Oh well, some riding is better than none at all. hope everyone else is getting out more than me. I look forward to a solid couple hours of cranking and banking SOMEDAY SOON!!! Getting kinda BACKED UP... ya know what I'm saying? Ok, back to me.... Friday picked up whole new outfit: boots, gloves, 2 piece leathers, helmet... went to the local shop to place my order [I know it's cheaper on teh net, but I wanted to support this local sportbike shop that just opened] and amazingly they had EXACTLY what I was looking for in EXACLTY my size. and only one of them! what a trip. All of it was $1300 with tax. I was expecting to spend that on JUST the leather. The Arai is nice but I think the little topside vents cause some aerodynamic buffeting at higher wind speeds. haven't really tested it yet, but I can feel somthing up there catching wind. Suit is tight, but makes me look buff and looking good is ALL that really matters. ;) Boots are MUCH better than I imagined - very comfy, very lightweight, yet sturdy and safe feeling. Gloves are you basic hard knuckled style - most uncomfrotable of the new getup... I need to break them in quick. Bah! Gonna be a wet spring in Iowa I bet. :p

car.jpg

I actually got a short one in on sunday also, brought the camera too... it stayed in the hump...
laugh.gif

so this is the 30 min ride?
tounge.gif

Hehe....I just kiddin, WWJD...you know we all pic monkeys....

WWJD....did you shave before you rode out?

Heheh....just kidding, bro! Good to know you came back home safely.
wink.gif

yeah I was bout to ride and got the bike out and it started sprinkling!!!! well I wished I coulda got out.

yes, I shaved this morning, just the chin. left the scruff so the church hotties would think I was one of them bad boy biker dudes but with decent morals.
OH! You mean SHAVED shaved. naw. that's just too much work and I read it's better to simply trim.

mach3.jpg

there was a 636 on my ride today
he was flyin
i really like the way that bike corners
it was quick

nice bikes you guys got

Rain just mean "Rain Gear".. Besides, I always thought a busa can out run the rain.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pics and the story ... nice camera, nice bike and nice gear ... hope the weather cooperates next time.

DJ

Back