Woohoo... I hit the 200 Mph!

Hayabusa4life

I said Good Day!
Donating Member
Registered
Before anything I want to thank everyone who made this possible, special thanks to Melvin who helped me through the day with all the running around, J.P. and Ransom they got my bike back on track, and Josh (Gotbusa) for all the coaching and answering my endless questions.
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Back in September 2014, I attended the Ecta Street bike challenge.
I got there Friday, got all set up, went through tech and got ready for the next day.

Saturday I started racing, but the bike was running bad, I couldn't go faster than 135-145 mph, I thought I had too tall gears, so I change the rear sprocket back to stock, rode the bike again and still didn't make any difference, When they closed the track for the day I went back to the hotel and downloaded couple differents maps for the pcv.

Sunday morning I remap the pcv and attempt another run with no success, lucky for me I contacted someone at the track and they helped me reflash the ecu, (that was the problem) the bike came to life running high 190's, but the day was almost over:banghead:, I ended up hooking back the pcv (which I disconnect before thinking that was part of the problem) I also pour some race fuel (I was running low by the end of the day) and manage to run 200mph before the day was over:banana:. At this point I was very happy, but I wished I had more time to try the other sprocket again.

I'm looking forward to the 2015 season, I still want to try that sprocket :laugh:

10937788_1056626001019353_1414603855_n.jpg

thats great. I would like to do the Wilmington mile this year... never been and i know there is a lot of rookie stuff to do. with all the vehicles running can you get all you need to do done to get your top run in on a weekend as a rookie first timer?

That's awesome. What gearing did you run and what mods did you have?

I ended up with 19 on the front and stock rear sprocket. Bike ran with a Brock's short Meg exhaust, bmc air filter, pcv and the ecu flashed. Strapped front and lowering links rear.

thats great. I would like to do the Wilmington mile this year... never been and i know there is a lot of rookie stuff to do. with all the vehicles running can you get all you need to do done to get your top run in on a weekend as a rookie first timer?

You should try to make it, it sure it's a nice experience. Just make sure you get your bike ready to pass the tech inspection(when you become a member they will send you the rule book with all you need), once you get there you will need to go to the rookies meeting, they will explain all the rules and show you around the track. You will need to run 3 times before you can try your top speed, they want you to run 125,150 & 175mph before you can run your top speed. Saturday its hard to get runs since theres lots of people in line, waiting time could be 2 hours, I ran 3 times on Sat. On Sunday people usually start leaving early, I stayed till the end of the day, were I manage to run 7 times, waiting time at the end of the day were 15-30 min.

ok that makes me feel a lot better then. i just wish that they ran more often this year

I know, I would like to go in May & September, but if I can't go to both, I prefer to go in September that's when they run the 'street bike challenge'.
Give it a try, I'll see you there! :thumbsup:

Back