won't start

thbones73

Registered
It will start with a jump from my car and run fine. After a ride it will start right back up. When the bike cools off it will not start. I replaced the battery and installed second one this is going on for some time. A bike shop said it was the wireing of the air shifter. They put a used 2000 wireing system on and the same problem. Anyone know what's going on?

if the bike shop knows whats causing it,then why didnt they fix it? I have an airshifter and I cant imagine what they are talking about unless its shorting out,which is draining the battery.I have a digital battery meter on my tre and im constantly charging at 13.5 to 14 volts,I leave a battery tender on when she is sitting in the garage....you need to check and make sure the battery is getting charged,sounds like it isnt

Agree. Sounds like something may not be wired correctly and is draining the battery. If you did the install of the airshifter I would suggest removing and reinstalling. If it was the shop I would hope that suggestion would not be necessary, but . . .

I would try some new plugs...cheap and easy
thumb_up.gif

I would try some new plugs...cheap and easy
thumb_up.gif
thats a thought,he never did say if it was "dead" or trying to turn over but just wouldnt,because thats what mine did for a while until i changed the plugs,if i didnt leave it on the tender it would start ruff if at all but if a had it hooked up to the 50amp hot shot box,started right up everytime.now that i changed the plugs,its not an issue

Back