Won't start ... what to check next?

twvette

Registered
FYI ... Hayabusa engine being used in off road vehicle.

Started fine about 6 months ago and has never had issues starting at all and has been running great for a long period of time in general. Sat in a shop most this time waiting for some fabrication/frame welding work. It tries to turn over like it always has and sounds normal. No signs of any popping or really any sign of it trying fire. Almost like no fuel, spark, or similar. Put in new spark plugs and verified have spark. Drained all fuel and replaced. Fuel pump seems to be working fine and my gauge shows about 50 PSI when cranking. Opened fuel pump line and seems like plenty of flow out of my Aeromotive fuel filter and I replaced the filter inside it just incase. Checked for loose wires, disconnected sensors, etc. All fuses I can locate are good. If I step on gas pedal when cranking it has no change in sound or anything. I do not get the FI light or codes when cranking on the LCD. Anything obvious to check ... I feel like it is something simple I am overlooking. How do/can I verify if getting fuel to cylinders?

Thanks for any input ...

if your getting spark it has to be fuel related. I would check fuel pump again. Also are you running a power commander? This is commonly a prob with them. If so unplug it and plug back in stock. see what happens. Another common issue is battery may say 12 v but not have the amps to do the job.

Thanks.

Tip over sensor (kickstand too) are there I just don't know where they are or what to really check on them.

I do have Power Command. Will give that a shot. It is powering on ok (get lights).

Maybe when the guy welded this blew something?

WhooHooo ... she fired without the Power Commander. It initially still showed no signs of life but then I heard a sputter after a couple attempts. Then had to give it some extra gas and many more attempts to turn over. It still really struggled but then turned over and is now idling just fine too. Maybe just something all gum'd up and the fuel curve on Power Commander not helping. Will run it and then try the Power Commander again and see what happens. I have different injectors, intake, custom exhaust, etc. so I need the Power Commander.

What year is the engine and ecu? You might be able to ditch the PC and get the ecu flashed.

Thanks.

Tip over sensor (kickstand too) are there I just don't know where they are or what to really check on them.

I do have Power Command. Will give that a shot. It is powering on ok (get lights).

Maybe when the guy welded this blew something?
welding will take out a PC and/or ECU

Plugged the Power Commander back in and it fired and ran normally now too ... all is good now ... must have just been all gum'd up inside from sitting. Time to go play in the sand! Thanks everyone ...

The welding may have just perturbed the PC or ECU. I would remove them electrically from now on.

Back