Won't Start & Now Rear Wheel Is Hard To Move In Gear

R4V3N

Registered
Hi Guys
I'm after some help/advise please.

My busa: 99 busa with internal pump/tank conversion.

Background/the problem:
My busa recently didn't start when leaving work - the noise it makes when trying to start is just a continuous spinning kind of sound with no indication of it trying to turn-over (if that makes sense?).

So I bump started it and the ride home was fine.

I tried to start it again the next day and again no start. So I checked the battery and all was fine. I assume the sparks and fuelling must all be fine as it behaved normal during the ride home previous day.

So I then realised that the oil was low and topped it up (took about ¼ litre so quite low (normally I check before every ride but my dad passed away last year and my head has been all over the place since))

I then tried to bump start it again and now the rear wheel is hard to spin round in gear (with clutch in) so impossible to bump.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I've not done any damage :(

Thanks in advance :bowdown:

I would check starter clutch and gears first thing. It sounds like your starter is spinning but not engaging.

i agree. starter, starter clutch and gears. you said it sounds of spinning but not trying to turn over. the trying to turn over sound I refer to as that GeeGeeGee sound. if you don't have that then your starter is the issue. and now that the gears are stuck. might be related to the same but not sure on that.

Sometimes it is hard to bump start a bike when it is cold by using the clutch. The oil will cause the clutch plates to grab and not disengage, i.e. that clunk you hear first thing in the morning. Push it in neutral then pull it into 2nd gear.

Back