Won't start.  Not the same old problems.

HMan

Registered
I did a search for my issue and can't find anything similar so here goes.

Since before my Gap ride I've been noticing the occasionaly problem getting the bike to start. At first I thought it was the kickstand switch but now I'm not so sure.

After riding for awhile and parking I can walk up to the bike, pull in the clutch, and hit the starter. Nothing. No crank, no nothing.

Now, just last Saturday I rode up to Leavenworth, Indiana. Bike sat for over an hour while I ate and shot the bull with the other riders there. Walked up to the bike. Reached over to start it but my finger slipped off the button just as it started to crank. No biggie. Went to start it again and nothing. Dead in the water.

Just to experiment (basically because I didn't know what else to do) I put it in first and tried to start it. Nothing. Then I tried rolling it back and easing on the clutch as it rolled. Did this a couple of times. Then hit the button. Started up no problem.

So, any ideas or suggestions? Kinda sucks as you can imagine. I'm just waiting for the day that I go nowhere no matter what I do. Not a big deal at the house. A really big deal if I'm in North Carolina when it happens.

you may wanna open the starter button area and clean the contacts good if they are dirty/corroded looking.

A friend of mine has this problem with his TL.. the main wiring harness connection... not sure where it is on the 'busa, on his it's under the inner fairing on the left side directly under the handlebars... had alot of corrosion in it.. he cleaned all that up and it helped tremendously, but it still gives him problems from time to time... he just reaches down in there and wiggles it around a bit and it starts up.. no more problems after that..

I don't think it's fixed personally.. but he hasn't made any big moves towards figuring out where the bad connection is... not my bike.. so whatever..

anyway.. check those connections for corrosion and tight fits all that jazz. .

oh.. and just so I beat everybody else to ti..

you checked the kill switch right? lol

you checked the kill switch right? lol
Yes. I would still be sitting there if I hadn't checked it and that was the problem.
tounge.gif

I suggest you get your starter motor checked once!! It might be jamming.... I had the same kind of problem on a scooter that i owneda couple of years back, eventually had to get the started changed ...

Back