Wonder Why (A Forum Question)..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
I have the e-mailed notification when someone replies to a topic I posted/replied to.
Question is.. almost half the reply notifications to a thread, go in my spam folder, while the rest, to the same thread, go in my regular e-mail. Why not all in one or the other?

I dont really know but could be how high you have your spam settings set on your computer.You might try lower them see what happens of course the downside you get more junk e-mails in your box.

How I set the forum to notify my mail for post responses?

It's called 'subscribing' to a thread. You can get each and every response to any particular thread e-mailed to you...just by subscribing to it!

:beerchug:

And then we have this case.. Post #3, #4 and #5 didn't notify me at all. But Scar's post #6 did.
I'm logged on with Yahoo (mail too), and this board has never liked Yahoo too well. Example.. Is impossible to embed videos on the Org. from Yahoo.. Mozilla, no problems.
Wonder how much this has to do with it.
Would switch back over to FireFox except, FireFox is bland, boring, and basically a PITA for everything else other than this particular site.

the simple explanation is that the filter your email carrier uses it being tripped by something in those emails that aren't in all of them. i would look to see what the common denom nom nom nom...sorry

denominator is.

the simple explanation is that the filter your email carrier uses it being tripped by something in those emails that aren't in all of them. i would look to see what the common denom nom nom nom...sorry

denominator is.

Yes, you may have it there. I notice everything is going to my regular mail as long as I'm checking and deleting them pretty much as they come in. Overnight and through the day when they build up to several, they start getting kicked into my spam folder.
Yep, bet that's it. Too many from the same source without my interference, and it thinks it's spam.

Yes, you may have it there. I notice everything is going to my regular mail as long as I'm checking and deleting them pretty much as they come in. Overnight and through the day when they build up to several, they start getting kicked into my spam folder.
Yep, bet that's it. Too many from the same source without my interference, and it thinks it's spam.

personally i dont think a spam filter can filter based on user activity. well im sure it CAN but......there is something IN the mail that is triggering the filter. whether its a word, string, or somfin.

Back