Wobbly Nose

HayaWakened

Donating Member
Registered

Is this a normal amount of play with fairings removed?
Even with fairings attached, at speeds over about 60 mph, the wobble is so significant the mirrors become useless. Also, going over rough road produces same shake, rattle & roll.

Where should I start? Full nose disassembly??

Also, there's this gap at instrument cluster (photo)
IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

I'd take it apart to track down what is not fastening properly..could be a very simple fix..

have you had this apart before? Did the bike fall over at some point...?

I'd take it apart to track down what is not fastening properly..could be a very simple fix..

have you had this apart before? Did the bike fall over at some point...?

Had this apart before
No, not by these grimy hands...

Fall over at some point
Yes, knocked over just a week ago while parked, but having found (below), I believe they are not related.

I've found at least one of the culprits. There are two nut/bolts that attach the cowling brace (I think it's 94510-15H01) to the center column. The bolts are still there - barely, somehow - but both nuts are missing, thus all that slop. So I'll start there. May as well pull the nose while I'm at it - might have to in order to get the play needed to attach and tighten those nuts. Tedious, time-consuming, but not very technical, thankfully, as is often the case on these bikes.

There's a few hidden fasteners in removing the dash and nose. You might find this helpful. I use it every time I remove the nose which is not very often.

Back