With $1,000... PART 2

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
From the other thread I got some good info... and also got confused.

I would love to get a new full exhaust and a pcIII.... and a 43 rear sprocket.... but I do not know how to install all of that and I don't have a rear stand or lift to do the work even if I did. So... IF I did go with this set-up, how much would a stealership charge me to do the work? I'm willing to go over 1k but don't want to end up near 2k! I also need new tires and my 2nd service is coming... so money is a factor.

If I didn't go with a full system, I would get Akrapovic carbon fiber bolt-ons, 43 rear, and a tre. I would get the 43 put on when I take my bike in for the 2nd service and for new tires (yeah i need them already!). I'm also going to stay off the bike til I get new tires because I've got 2 pieces of metal (could be nails) dug down deep in my somewhat worn down rear.

So... what to do? I'm in Anniston, AL if anybody knows of any shops within 200miles that will do me right... or if any org member that knows their stuff is close enough, I'd pay you for your time if you can install.

--- I've been reading up on pcIII/exhausts and have a better understanding than I did, but still can't claim to have a clue!

Thanks!

bring it over here, ill have get it done in no time and only charge ya a 6 pack
biggrin.gif

(psycobusa @ Sep. 10 2006,00:53) bring it over here, ill have get it done in no time and only charge ya a 6 pack
biggrin.gif
I would spring for a case and some strippers if you lived close enough!!!

Buy the tools and do it yourself instead of paying someone else to do it. It will only take time to strip'er down and git'r done... Hehe seriously though, that sort fo stuff ain't hard to do... So give it a go and learn something while your at it.

Buy the tools and do it yourself instead of paying someone else to do it. It will only take time to strip'er down and git'r done... Hehe seriously though, that sort fo stuff ain't hard to do... So give it a go and learn something while your at it. [/Quote]
That's right...I told you,you can give me a call anytime and I will walk ya thru it.

Can I do it myself with it on the kickstand? I figure if I'm going to spend $ on a rear stand I might as well get a dealer to do it.

ON the side stand is ok. Just not as stable. Take your time, do it over a few days and you can do it without marking up your radiator. Most use cardboard over the radiator to keep from marring. But it can be done without. Just dont force anything.

You cant do your sprocket on the kickstand.The price for a rear stand will be about the same for the dealer to just look at it!!
rock.gif

I think I'll get the sprocket done when I take it in for new tires... and try to work some deal IF I get the tires and sprocket through them. But I'll be doing my research online for prices so they don't try to F me over too much. I have 3 dealers in my area within 50 miles to play with.

Pan,

The shop that does all of my service in Muscle Shoals is an independant shop. They are very good folks and also do very good work for very good rates. They also have a dyno if you go the pc3 route. If interested shoot me a message.

PM me and tell me a little bit about them please. Like can I order through them, etc... Thanks.

You can get bolt-ons for about half the price of a full system, especially if you catch someone upgrading to a full system and selling theirs. Bolt-ons will flow much better than stock, if you take off your stock cans and look through them you can't, they are filled with chambers and baffles. My Muzzy's you can roll a golf ball (almost hand ball) straight through.
A TRE is cheap, search Checkered Flag Motorsports on eBay- and it is truly a plug-in job, nothing mechanical involved. Cheap performance mod for acceleration, big difference.
Rear stand is a one-time purchase, again eBay is cheap I got front and rear for $100. How do you lube your chain without one? This is a frequent maintenance task, I hope you aren't neglecting it.
Power Commander is 200-250 ebay, improves quite a bit even on a stock bike- think factory, the map is set up for a balance of performance and economy, you can download a free map from the website that increases fuel at various RPMs that improves performance immediately even without other mods. Download the software from the website and look at maps, you don't have to have a Power Commander to do that. It makes more sense after you see the software with different maps on it.

Back