Wish me Luck

Budget ?
Preference; Gen I or Gen II ?
Distance willing to travel ? Willing to have bike shipped to you ?
Stock or modded ?
Use ? Street, track or touring ?

Cycletrader national search 2008 - 2014 under $8000; click here.

2011 Gen II - $6800.jpg

2011 for $6800

2014 Gen II - $7000.jpg

2014 $7000

Happy Hunting !!

Definitely must be a Gen 2, really prefer local so I can personally inspect before buying, and want 08-12.
Old school here, no interest in ABS. Been checking Cycletrader and Search Tempest for Craigslist for about a year now. Riding a 2014 Yamaha FZ1 now. Bought it new old stock in 2017 and already has 34,000 miles on it. Actually driving to work last night one the the injectors unseated so it was running on 3 cylinders the route home. Hope that it isn't ruined. Maybe a sign that the new deal must be made.

Definitely must be a Gen 2, really prefer local so I can personally inspect before buying, and want 08-12.
Old school here, no interest in ABS. Been checking Cycletrader and Search Tempest for Craigslist for about a year now. Riding a 2014 Yamaha FZ1 now. Bought it new old stock in 2017 and already has 34,000 miles on it. Actually driving to work last night one the the injectors unseated so it was running on 3 cylinders the route home. Hope that it isn't ruined. Maybe a sign that the new deal must be made.
Read some of the threads here. Several guys have removed ABS from newer bikes.

Where are you located? If there's a fellow member close to a bike you're interested in, ask if they will go put eyes on it for you. I've bought several vehicles quite a distance from me, including a couple of fly and drives, communication with seller is the key. If it feels like something is off, let it go.

Probably swayed a little by c10's experience with ABS. The owner I bought it from also had a 2013 and he , like c10 both hate the sponginess of the system and how far you really have to push down on the rear . He is contemplating pulling it off also. Titled and tagged now, gotta sleep now so I can go in to work tonight and do a double shift so I can earn some parts money.

Back