Wiring to ECU

amac

Registered
I have been asked to wire a project dragster.
They are only retaining the injectors and coils, all else is Schnitz and Wizard of Nos
I want just the connection details to the ECU - bypassing/disconecting all the other wiring.
That is speedo/fuse board/sensors ect.
Is there a harness you can buy that will do this or does any one have the basic wiring diagram to achieve this.

Thanks for that but thats what I am trying to achieve - with the standard harness.
I need to know exactly where each wire to the ECU comes from and goes to and what is needed and what isn't.
The harness is quite complicated and I need some guidance

Thanks

Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Also note that the ecu will not provide the correct fuel and/or ignition if you were to bypass all of the sensors. How is the ecu going to determine the fuel and/or ignition timing?

race-harness-szmpikj0.jpg

Here is a racing wire harness I just gutted from a stock harness. You need to write down all the color wires and where they go. The manual may show a few subtle differences that your wire harness does not follow. So it is important to retain a lot of the sensors. I have yet to know if my hack job is all dialed-in? The length of the harness on the right runs the full length of the bike rack. The harness on the left stops at the throttle body. A lot was not needed as you might imagine.

Commuta is correct... You will have a ground and a hot out of the ECU. Then the injectors and the fuel pump relay to run the fuel pump, unless you remote that on it's own.

Then comes the crank sensor, cam sensor, and throttle position sensor. Without those, the fuel trim will not compute. Besides, you have these 3 variables that will set each sensor onto it's own fail-safe code.

The worst will be the water temp sensor being the most rich. You might have one saved 'last good known resistance setting' where the bike will fire off and run. But when you turn the power off without a cam sensor, that last time was a good known ping. Now how are you going to save the last good known saved ping (the resistance value the ECU recognizes which cylinder last fired), so you turn the key on and that next cylinder fires that was saved to light the bike back up again. Without the cam sensor or the good known resistance of that hall-effect, she will not start.

The sensors run that limp rich setting under code without the analog in play. It then converts to the 1Atmo signal that is the electronic/digital base setting. It's getting complex I keep talking.

But basically, you need the list of sensors to the FI like the cam/crank/TPS/spark sticks/injector wires to get her up and running. She is going to run fat and hot without a lot of the sensors in play. Better hope the piggy can lean out the fail-safe setting that occur without an analog signal.

Last edited:
amec, you will need to retain all of the sensors. It is best to retain most of the harness. In a drag car you could use most of all of suzuki's wiering for your install. It will make your life easier. without any one of the sensors the 32920-24fko-denso unit will nhave a hard time with the a/d conversion thus reverting to "fail safe" mode.......hey sevin..hows the project going...stocker..:laugh:

Back