Wiring Help

jacobburton

Registered
I am building a streetfighter out of my 2003 Busa. Obviously I am wanting to minimalist the wiring and get rid of a lot of unwanted wires, just keeping the bare minimum. It’s only really the front end of the loom that will need tidying up but I am just a bit concerned that messing about with the wiring will totalling f@ck the bike up! I’m not very clued up with modern FI bikes so just need to know that I can cut and shut the wiring without messing up the ECU. Is this easy enough to do?

I am gutting one of my 6 old harnesses laying around to make a "race harness" for my standalone
so far the wiring I have figured that you have to keep
Feed and control ground to
COP
Injectors
you need to wire the 5v out of the ecu to feed both map and baro sensor
and signal returns for both
Cam sensor
Crank sensor
Clutch switch

Not sure about the GPS switch yet.
that is as far as I have made it so far on my race harness
I plan on working on it more Sunday,,,,,,,,,Or running 20 miles ,, or both :)

I am gutting one of my 6 old harnesses laying around to make a "race harness" for my standalone
so far the wiring I have figured that you have to keep
Feed and control ground to
COP
Injectors
you need to wire the 5v out of the ecu to feed both map and baro sensor
and signal returns for both
Cam sensor
Crank sensor
Clutch switch

Not sure about the GPS switch yet.
that is as far as I have made it so far on my race harness
I plan on working on it more Sunday,,,,,,,,,Or running 20 miles ,, or both :)

If you want a street fighter, there really isn't anything you can get rid of and still be street legal. Turn signals in some states.

What are you wanting to get rid of?
It’s not so much that I want to get rid of loads of stuff, it’s more the fact that I will be shortening a lot of wires to tidy it up and I’m just a bit concerned that shortening wires will affect the resistance and therefore the bike won’t run

Hey u still looking for advice on ur streetfighter plans?
I've made a custom wiring harness on my streetfighter busa. It's a double harness. One for lights, one for runability.

Hit me up if u need pics or advice

20200331_172704.jpg

Back