Wiring Help

jacobburton

Registered
I am building a streetfighter out of my 2003 Busa. Obviously I am wanting to minimalist the wiring and get rid of a lot of unwanted wires, just keeping the bare minimum. It’s only really the front end of the loom that will need tidying up but I am just a bit concerned that messing about with the wiring will totalling f@ck the bike up! I’m not very clued up with modern FI bikes so just need to know that I can cut and shut the wiring without messing up the ECU. Is this easy enough to do?

What are you wanting to remove, lights and such? Sounds like you would relocate the rectifier with a street fighter, or are you leaving the tail alone?

407B4E2C-0B0C-4C32-A691-B56AF79A087F.jpeg
9869B142-92B9-4E8B-AF52-9769F2A8BFDA.jpeg
What are you wanting to remove, lights and such? Sounds like you would relocate the rectifier with a street fighter, or are you leaving the tail alone?

It’s not so much that I want to get rid of loads of stuff, it’s more the fact that I will be shortening a lot of wires to tidy it up and I’m just a bit concerned that shortening wires will affect the resistance and therefore the bike won’t run! This is it at the moment

Make sure you solder all connections, you don't want to be chasing a butt splice failure down the road. Keep us posted on your progress!

Back