Wiring harness for 99 Katana?

BigBadDodge

Registered
Was asked by a guy at work about changing out the entire harness on his 99 Katana, someone tried to steal it and hacked the hell out of the harness so rather than try to piece it back together he'd rather just replace it altogether. Figured it should be no big deal, but i have never even seen a Katana in person :laugh: My experience is limited to CBR's, busa's and gixxer 1k's. He's offered up some really good cash to swap it for him, any surprise's i should know about?

They've got a lot of body work like the Busa, full dash and gauge surround, but I can't imagine that it would be anything too hard for ya.

You should be able to find a diagram at Katriders.com, You should also be able to get a full harness from Justin at Honda East. I have owned two Katana's and they are not that bad to work on.

katriders.com is the place to go! i am a former Katana rider, and actually sold my 99 for a busa! although there is alot of fairing, they are ALL 1 peice per side! its quite an easy bike to work on and take apart. they have MANY things in common with the older 90's GSXR's.

if he has questions you can feel free to send him my way or the many people on katriders who are very nice and helpful!

Back