wireless ipod speakers?

Matt-the-Knife

Registered
I'm looking for some input from you all. Is there a product out there that I can use to wirelessly transmit my Ipod tunes to my helmet comunication system? I'm thinking of buying the Scalia rider com set and i'ts bluetooth compatible, but is there a way to tap in my Ipod without physically "pluging" into the mouth piece transmitter on the helmet? Trying to make it so I don't have to go through the whole wire rig-a-ma-row each time I hop on my bike.....
I ordered the Scoche wireless deal that allows me to turn up the music and change tunes, but the connection to the speakers remains a question.......???

Last edited:
I saw one somewhere i will have to look and get back. Also :welcome: Matt
I hope I can find it.

Try the STARCOM1. I have heard good things about it.

You can get a bluetooth adapter for the iPod that will send stereo sound, but it will eat the battery faster. The Scala Rider or ChatterBox should do well for the helmet.

I guess the most important thing for me is the sound quality. I know this is probably a very common request. I'm guessing being totally wireless on the helmet may be wishfull thinking becuase by the time a find a good com system and replace the speakers with "good sounding" speakers it's going to just eat the battery life, then I'm right back to where I started........

I have the ChatterBox X1 Bluertooth and I just use one wire for my Zune. Sound is pretty good. I use the Bluetooth for my Zumo. That configuration has served me well for over two years. I would like to go completely wireless, but technology for motorcycles hasn't caught up to the desired levels for the money.

The bluetooth on the Scala and other helmet devices is specific to phones & GPSs. It won't work with bluetooth adapters for MP3/iPODs.

One method is to get a battery-operated FM transmitter for the iPOD. The Scala has a built-in FM receiver however I've had issues with it. I don't like it.

I have a single cable going from my iPhone that's in my chest pocket to my Scala. My Scala is blue-tooth to my GPS which is blue-tooth to my iPhone for phone. The music automatically stops when I get a call or GPS direction.

I use Motorola Bluetooth headphones, I have an adapter that plugs into my mp3 player. The adapter communicates with my headphones so I can hear my music wirelessly, I also have it connected to my radar detector so I can hear the alert in my left ear. The music plays in both ears though. I got the BTA at Best Buy for less than $30, once your Bluetooth device is paired to it you'll hear whatever it is plugged into! The model no. is TMR-BT10A and it's made by Sony.

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Very cool. I appreicate the info. Are you happy with the speaker quality?

If this was intended for me... Yes the quality is great! I should mention however that I usually wear my modular helmet with these headphones, I can use my Scorpion exo 1000 with them too but I have to remove the cheek pads.

If this was intended for me... Yes the quality is great! I should mention however that I usually wear my modular helmet with these headphones, I can use my Scorpion exo 1000 with them too but I have to remove the cheek pads.

I was about to ask if those even fit in a helmet, I've had the same problem & need something wireless. I have an iPod & an iPhone the music on my phone cuts out at over 50
Mph and it's starting to work my nerve.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Guys, new to the site, was wondering how your sound quality is during phone calls, and what setup your using, is chatterbox worth the money? Also, that piece about having your radar tied in is awesome!!:thumbsup:

The setup I have is a scala rider q3 with blue tooth and fm transmitter. The intercom works great bike to bike . Making and recieving calls are great, people cant even tell im on the bike. I also have satellite radio. I have the satellite radio picked up by the fm transmitter signal.The signal does not come in to strong so I run a cord from the fm out on the sat radio to the mp3 jack in and that acts as an antenna and it works perfect. Hope this helps

The next phase of Helmets are to come with Blue Tooth...I'm betting sound quality, volume control, battery life, and having your I-pod, cell and Nav (if you can stand having someone tell you where to go and when to turn) tied in well...The helmet company who inputs the most and best innovations into their helmet will out sell everyone else...

I've seen only one helmet that came with blue tooth built in...I would rather wait until the top end helmets have them too...

But if you can't wait;

Element 2010 Model
Fastrack Bluetooth Helmet
$269.99

I was about to ask if those even fit in a helmet, I've had the same problem & need something wireless. I have an iPod & an iPhone the music on my phone cuts out at over 50
Mph and it's starting to work my nerve.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've also noticed that my Iphone cuts out on the freeway. I can use my Ipod with no problems, but the Iphone will just pause at high speeds. I believe its moreso the headphones (with the mic and track selection button). I haven't tested this to confirm though.
I've seen bluetooth helmets by a company called Bluetek and I believe Nolan has one as well. Unfortunately I cannot say how well either works.

Back