Wireless Coax

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know if they make or where to locate a piece similar to this that you can plug in between coax cables to make a wireless connection?

These pieces (pictured) convert the coax into a different type of wire for a length and then back into coax, I want to go wireless.

ccdb.jpg

I have not seen any sort of converter like that, but you may have better luck searching with the term "media converter". We use many different types, and even multiplex signals to shoot them over a microwave transmission, but that is not really a residential use. I had seen a consumer version of transmitting an mp3 player signal to a stereo receiver using small wireless dishes, but have not seen them for a while. Your best bet may be searching for coax to bluetooth or something, but let us know what you come up with.

Media converter is going to be the key term though.

Cool, thanks.

I am reinstalling some of my outdoor cameras that have had issues...squirrels eating through wiring, water underground in wiring, etc.
Instead of getting a ditch witch again and burying new wire I'd rather attempt a wireless approach on a couple of them but don't expect the signal to be good enough to pursue this idea too far, we'll see.

I see they do have wireless cameras but then they hook up to a TV or some other device. They might would work but I don't see any made for a security system set up.

Back