Wireless bluetooth FRS

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
I have been looking to go total wireless at work with our portable 800mhz radio.

Today all the pieces arrived and after a couple minutes, they all linked up.
Field testing will be the next step.

We now have a wired helmet set and a wired push to talk on the left handle bar.

With this set up, we will no longer have to plug into the helmet or the M/C.

If it works well, I have plans to do this on the Busa with FRS. No wires and completely transferable to another M/C, or ATV.

Components will include a Scala Rider Q2, the bluetooth dongle, the bluetooth PTT button and a FRS radio

The PTT button is about the size of a half dollar and has a spring clasp on the back. It can be attached almost any where you can put velcro or a zip tie.

IMG_0850.jpg

Last edited:
The future is wireless. I read an article on wireless charging. It is possible and maybe a couple years from now.
Whats next? Transporters? Yes I need one from here to the CROT !!!:bowdown:

I just picked up a set of Oakley Rokr sun glasses. They have built in bluetooth stereo headsets and control for A2D (I think?) devices. Would love it if I can hook it into a FRS as well :cool:

You could get a Chatterbox X1BT. I've been using one for over a year and it works great. I even get stereo sound.

A2DP is bluetooth stereo.
You need a bluetooth radio (not available in the U.S. now)
so in order to do it
you need
A bluetooth mic and speakers, also a dongle which is compatible with the FRS radio.
Finally a bluetooth PTT compatible with the dongle.

http://www.headsetusa.com/

You could get a Chatterbox X1BT. I've been using one for over a year and it works great. I even get stereo sound.

Looking for a better system, totally wireless, and smaller.

Last edited:
I refuse to talk while riding.

It is a safety thing, when the lead bike warns of a possible crash inducing object or situation.
There are great benefits to bike to bike communications. Many crashes have been averted.

If you ride by yourself all the time you would have no need.

Its also a huge help when riding in a group to help communicate upcoming turns, navigational assistance and just keeping from going crazy while haulin down the big slabs. Now... if you somehow leave your mics on broadcast full time and your daughter is singing along to Miley Cirus, entertaining your riding cohorts ... thats a whole nother level of fun ... right PD :poke: :whistle:

:laugh::laugh:

It is a safety thing, when the lead bike warns of a possible crash inducing object or situation.
There are great benefits to bike to bike communications. Many crashes have been averted.

If you ride by yourself all the time you would have no need.

Excellent point. However, do you really want somebody screaming panic at your ear when you are in corner totally focusing on the exit?

Now... if you somehow leave your mics on broadcast full time and your daughter is singing along to Miley Cirus, entertaining your riding cohorts ... thats a whole nother level of fun ... right PD :poke: :whistle:

:laugh::laugh:

:rofl::rofl:

Back