Winter riding in Sarajevo

Projekt

Registered
Luckily for me the spare battery sitting in my garage next to my dormant Hayabusa was still good to go when I stuck it on the bike.
Yippee!!!
super.gif

It had been over nine months since riding my bike having done nothing special to prepare it for storage prior to leaving for Baghdad. She fired right up and settled to a purring idle outside the garage space.
I could not help myself and took her for a spin up and around the newly extended motorway leading to the coast out west from Sarajevo. It was like a had just ridden her the day before.
Believe it or not, the weather has been great for riding, dry but cold. Nothing that a few layers over thermal pants and shirt can´t take care of. My gore-tex AlpineStars boots kept my feet warm all day riding at freezing temperatures and the balaclava on my big dome takes care of my head and neck.
Around here, people do not ride in the cold, well everyone except for me anyway. Usually there is a bunch of snow and ice residue on the roads but this year it seems that mother nature knew how important it would be for me to ride on vacation.
ukliam3.gif

Man you said Sarajevo and I was having flash backs of FYROM and sniper alley! Glad your back home safe and enjoy the freezing cold ride.

Yeah, the snow residue migrated to the U.S. Midwest this year. Warmed up the past few days, but supposed to get another dose of snow tomorrow or Wednesday. Let's see some pics of that place!

This is from a few days ago on the first ride I mentioned above.

I am wearing thermal tights underneath the other clothes with an extra long sleeve shirt. The gloves are not the Dianeses I mentioned and I have a balaclava on for good measure. The ICON jacket has the liner zipped in. Only the tips of my fingers got cold on my ride at over 150mph on the motorway.

Sarajevo_Winter_Ride.JPG

I like that color on the bike..

ok here is a freak request....

in the background there is some "urban art" (some might call it graffiti) could you take some pictures of the ones that look somewhat worthy? Now I do not condone graffiti but I swear some of these guys are freakin artists in every sense of the word.. just do not have a good outlet for it..

Thanks!
graffiti_1_470x300.jpg

Good for you, I'm glad you had weather that allowed you to get out and ride.

I like that color on the bike..

ok here is a freak request....

in the background there is some "urban art" (some might call it graffiti) could you take some pictures of the ones that look somewhat worthy? Now I do not condone graffiti but I swear some of these guys are freakin artists in every sense of the word.. just do not have a good outlet for it..

Thanks!
graffiti_1_470x300.jpg
Sure thing man but it may take a little time since I am posting from a Cybercafe...

Im with Bogus on the street art. I love the stuff but living in North Fort Worth there just isnt anything worth lookin at.

Cowtown, not art town hear.

Josh

Back