WINTER RIDING GLOVES

LiBusa

Registered
Looking for the best riding gloves to wear when riding my busa on those days when its 30 to 50 degrees farenheit. They could also be waterproof.

I have a wonderfully effective pair of Dainese winter "D-dry" gloves with armor and full wrist protection. I bought them in Italy some time back and they have kept me warm and toasty on the days I have ridden here in Sarajevo during 0 or -0 centigrade. I love them and am sure you could find something very similar stateside.

Almost any gauntlet style glove will work well & be warm if you first put on some of the skin tight rubber gloves like the EMS folks use.

Looking for the best riding gloves to wear when riding my busa on those days when its 30 to 50 degrees farenheit. They could also be waterproof.
I have had good luck with my Marsee gloves ($109).... leather and gortex, waterproof winter gloves..Wear a pair of UnderArmor silk gloves under..works great in 20-30 degree..

Gerbing's heated gloves here. I have the jacket liner too, and next year I'll probably get the pants liner. If I have some non-ventilated leather pants, that is.

umm easy dont ride in the winter... unless you are tryin to be a cold weather casualty

I have a pair of Northface Wind stopper gloves that I wear and I put a waterproof shell on over those...My hands stay very warm....

Most of these will be awesome.

Obviously pick a leather pair.
tounge.gif

I dont care for fatter gloves.. makes it harder to feel. I use some thin tight gloves (bought them originally for hunting) work great... i think they are under armer

My leather cold weather gauntlets are Tourmasters but they're 8-9 years old now. Good leather and fleece lined but not at all waterproof and not as warm as they used to be. Even the waterproof covers aren't waterproof. I always carry a pair of silk glove liners for the coldest days, like I do a good fleece neck gaiter. Makes a real difference when its real chilly. The silk liners are available at most every bike shop for under ten bucks. Very thin, so they fit well under your gloves and they really provide a pretty good barrier from the cold no matter which gloves you're wearing. Oh, just a FYI, velcro HATES silk, absolutely HATES silk...anyone noemsayin?
biggrin.gif

Even the waterproof covers aren't waterproof.  
You can just re-waterproof them. I use CampDry regularly on my gear. $5 at Walmart!  
thumb_up.gif
Works great
I even use it on my leather gloves. I think I'm probably not supposed to but I'll replace them when they
get too warn anyway. I'd rather have them waterproofed then to have longevity.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Oh, just a FYI, velcro HATES silk, absolutely HATES silk...anyone noemsayin?
biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Personally I always felt that velcro "loved" silk. So much so that it was always sticking to it
& not wanting to let go! (kinda like a mans hand on a nice tush!  
sadnews.gif
)

Deb

Back