Winter riding gear

bs72069

Registered
Looking for some good cold weather riding gear. Whats the best material? Leather or textile. And manufactures. I've search the net before but only come up with very little. I did find the Highland one piece suit from fieldsheer. It look like it keep u warm.

Ever been on a fuggin snowmobile? Ask Sled? Them Suits are ideal for cold freakin weather... Or so I have heard... It's 75 Degree's out right now so I don't really know...
wink.gif

Thanks, but rather have outerwear type of gear. The weather here in southern mississippi is strange. It can be 40 degrees out in the mourning, but by the afternoon it could be 70 degrees.

All the links above are good places to start. I've got a set of the Gerbing heated gloves, and they are VERY nice. The rest of my winter clothes are unheated.

I think the textile stuff works better than leather. Leather has no insulating value, but gives you great wind protection. I've been using a Hein-Gerrike two piece suit for about 5 years now. I've riden in 24 degrees with only jeans and a t-shirt below, and I was fine. For long distance stuff, I would layer a bit more.

If you get something with a higher Thinsulate weight, and Gortex, you should be set. Just make sure you get something with a removable liner for the warmer days. Don't forget to throw a couple of bungee cords in the trunk area so yoiu can tie off the layers you're not wearing.

Good Luck
cool.gif

bs72069: Looks like a nice suit. Does the suit come in a two-piece? Having a two-piece will give you more versatility during the temperature swings. Is the liner removable? It looks like it may be, but the pic is a too small to tell.

Do you have a link to the Mfr web site?

And here's a bigger pic. And Info
600 Denier Carbolex®
• Anatomically fitted for the riding position
• FS Rainguard® 100% waterproof/breathable jet-liner
• Nylon taffeta lining
• Ballistic nylon in protective areas
• Removable CE armour equipped in the shoulders, elbows, hips, knees and back
• Dual stage full zip-out satin quilted liner
• RamAir® venting system
• Reflective Phoslite
• Velcro adjustable micro fleece collar with padding
• Volume adjustments for sleeves
• Padded Lower Back
• Velcro adjustable waist
• Gusseted with Velcro adjustable wrist cuff
• Storm flap system
• 4 front pockets
• 2 zipped hand warmer pockets, with internal zips that allow you to get into your pant pockets
• 1 zipped map pocket, 1 inside zipped pocket 1 mobile phone pocket and 2 pen holders

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099756770 -->

Highland1Pc_open2.jpg

Looking for some good cold weather riding gear. Whats the best material? Leather or textile. And manufactures. I've search the net before but only come up with very little. I did find the Highland one piece suit from fieldsheer. It look like it keep u warm.
Hmmm... Winter ridin' gear. Best material? Mine is made of sheet metal, plastic, rubber and a little textile on the inside. It's made by Nissan... It's called a Maxima! Blocks ALL wind, rain, snow, etc... and has built in heat!
laugh.gif
Thinkin' about gettin' a different version of winter gear from the same company. It's called a Frontier.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099758901 -->

Hmmm... Winter ridin' gear. Best material? Mine is made of sheet metal, plastic, rubber and a little textile on the inside. It's made by Nissan... It's called a Maxima! Blocks ALL wind, rain, snow, etc... and has built in heat!
laugh.gif
 Thinkin' about gettin' a different version of winter gear from the same company. It's called a Frontier.
wink.gif
Verry funny BT.
jump9.gif

laugh.gif
wink.gif
I got one of those. 03 Nissan Frontier crew cab SE long bed. So far add bug shield, window vents, airaid quick fit intake system, and flowmaster series 50 muffler.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099763698 -->

DVC00904.JPG

Thanks, but rather have outerwear type of gear. The  weather here in southern mississippi is strange. It can be 40 degrees out in the mourning, but by the afternoon it could be 70 degrees.
Ah, Gotcha I wasn't paying enough attention.

Yeah what the others have said. One thing I can reall recommend is UNDERARMOR, it's thin and does an excellent job of keeping you comfortable.

There are also some newer "WonderFabrics" fresh on the market that do a fine job of keeping you warm or cool depending on your body temp. I cannot find any right now... But really they are out there...
smile.gif

laugh.gif
wink.gif
I got one of those. 03 Nissan Frontier crew cab SE long bed. So far add bug shield, window vents, airaid quick fit intake system, and flowmaster series 50 muffler.
Cool... I'm lookin' at a few used ones tryin' to find a deal on one but that's pretty much what I want.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Somebody say they was lookin for a truck ?   I got the hookup. holla I can get used Nissans. (why anyone would want one is beyond me though)

<!--EDIT|newredboosa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099768136 -->

SIGN.jpg

bs72069, i know what you mean about the weather changes in Mississippi, I was born and raised in Louisville, MS.  And it would be cold in the mornings and nice and hot in the afternoon.

<!--EDIT|PJones27
Reason for Edit: "Third grade spelling skills"|1099773267 -->

Back