Winter Project

IL_BusaBoy

Donating Member
Registered
I think I've decided that it's time to pack the 'Busa away for the Winter. From what I've heard on the forum, I belive the way to go for an exhaust is a BDE. This is what I'm thinking: a BDE, PCIIIR, and Pair Valve block off kit from Tom @ Veltune. Am I right in these thoughts? Am I forgetting anything? Is this the kind of project that me and my pops could do in the garage on a Saturday? Or is this something that I should leave to the local dealer? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like a solid choice for an exhaust upgrade. You can easily do this yourself in an evening or two if you have tools (nothing unusual is needed - just standard tools). BDE seems to be the way to go for the most performance gain in a Busa. There are many fine systems out there but you can't go wrong with BDE so why not unless you are set on something else that you have seen or heard. But again, do it yourself, it is easy and you will feel more "in tune" with your bike by working on it yourself. Good luck.

From everything I have heard and read, you have made a good choice. Definitely a do it yourself type of project. You may also want to consider doing the small airbox mod while you are at it, but it is not something related to the exhaust install.

Bde will probably give you a packaged deal buying it all at once.. money saved is money earned..BDE can't go wrong there, good choice. and very easy do it yourself install, 1 afternoon.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'll go ahead and order everything this weekend after I give her a nice bath. After all, she's gotta look good before I make her look even better.

You could always try this exhaust. I heard that it has a good power increase
biggrin.gif

Turbo_Install__Large_.JPG

Back