Winter Is Here !!! But Not In Florida :)

ResidentEvil

Registered
To my Northern friends, and fellow riders, Do NOT !!! and I repeat , Do NOT!!!! send that Cold air down here !!!!! :mad:

We're trying to RIDE this winter !!!!!:cool:

To my Northern friends, and fellow riders, Do NOT !!! and I repeat , Do NOT!!!! send that Cold air down here !!!!! :mad:

We're trying to RIDE this winter !!!!!:cool:
I laugh when my friend say that I'm lucky to be in Florida and being able to ride all year. Honestly, summer is the time of the year I ride the least. Too damn hot to ride wearing proper gear. This is the time of the year I put some miles on mine.

I try and ride till the D.O.T start to salt and sand the roads.

20161202_160531.jpg

im same here not afraid of the cold but when they put the salt down then i stop riding.. then start back up in the spring after the first good rain to wash away the salt.

The weather sure is nice your end, but the driving spoils it.

There are about 150 cyclists that meet and ride in Florida every year in February, for 8 days. It is not an organized event, just guys meeting and riding around between 80-120 miles every day.

On a foreign assignment in Saudi Arabia, I use to say it is the most dangerous place I have ever cycled. After last year in Florida riding with these folks I changed my mind. Florida is the most dangerous place I have ever cycled. It also holds the record for most pedestrian and cycling fatalities in the nation.

It is probably different on a Busa, but be safe out there.

Dawn, my Buda Hasn't seen the outside of the garage since early October. The low 40s is the best it will get in Germany until March..

I'm same here not afraid of the cold but when they put the salt down then I stop riding . . .

Then start back up in the spring after the first good rain to wash away the salt .

Not sure how anybody would want to drive in cold frozen conditions ~ I've become a fair weather rider after being hit by a twister . . .

Back