Windscreen Removal

No the mirrors do not need to be removed. And i must say the smoked out shield does wonders for the look of the bike.

I'd love to see pics of a powerbronze screen installed. Thinking of getting one myself in blue.

new windscreen

pipes 003.jpg

I know this thread is old and you have prolly figured this out by now...but i just took off my tock windscreen to replace with ZG DB. I took out the screw and then pushed the rubber grommet through the hole in the fairing and then just pulled the windscreen out. It took me literally 4 minutes start to finish. There was no need to actually pull the rubber piece out through the hole.

I thought it was going to be a simple remove screws and replace windscreen, sh-------t, nothing is that simple anymore, anyway, I love this site.
I spent about 15 min. trying to pull it out, got frustrated, got on this site, and there it is, a wealth of info.
After reading the thread I went back and sprayed a lil WD40 around the grommets, I already had pulled them out a little before I thought I was going to break something. The WD40 and a lil strength and wiggle they came straight out, don't have to use retard strength, because thats what usually causes these things to break.
I used some hand sanitizer to put them on because it's slippery and won't harm the finish, along with a small flat tip screw driver to push the grommets back in, on the first one anyway, the second one I pushed in until it was halfway, inserted the screw and just pushed it in.
The threads are inside the grommet, so don't just toss them. Took about 15 min. to put my MRA Touring windscreen on my K9, but i might have spent a couple of hours if I would've checked this site.

Thanks all,

Dogman

This is gonna be Blancas next tutorial video as it seems to pop up every week ?
Something so simple at first had me scratching my head as well.

To remove the rubber grommets just take out the screw and washer, then just pull and wiggle the windshield and the grommets will pop right out with the windshield and not damage the grommet. To reinstall, start the screw in the grommet, put a little spit on that bad boy and stick it in.:thumbsup:

I just got my two wind screens today and last year when I changed them on my 08 it was a snap, however this time with the 09 I forgot about the grommets until I came back to this post, one of the easest replacements on any bike I have ever own. Glad I looked at this post cause I would still be in the shop spouting profanity and yelling at anyone that looked at me.

I just got my two wind screens today and last year when I changed them on my 08 it was a snap, however this time with the 09 I forgot about the grommets until I came back to this post, one of the easest replacements on any bike I have ever own. Glad I looked at this post cause I would still be in the shop spouting profanity and yelling at anyone that looked at me.
Two? There's supposed to be two?

Apparently I was short-changed!

Back