Windscreen Question

techbum

Registered
I want to replace the stock windscreen with either a double-bubble or euro style but am concerned about aerodynamics. How do each one effect the bike....does the flip on the euro change the feel....slow it down in triple digits...push harder on the front...
What about the double-bubble? Any difference there? Granted...I don't spend much time in the triple digits..usually sitting up...but when I do feel the 'need for speed', I don't want an ill-handler. Please tell me what you use and recommend.

I want to replace the stock windscreen with either a double-bubble or euro style but am concerned about aerodynamics. How do each one effect the bike....does the flip on the euro change the feel....slow it down in triple digits...push harder on the front...
What about the double-bubble? Any difference there? Granted...I don't spend much time in the triple digits..usually sitting up...but when I do feel the 'need for speed', I don't want an ill-handler. Please tell me what you use and recommend.
If anything the Dubble bubble helps you get out of the wind at tripple digits. The Euroscreen, I dunno, might have an effect if you were dropped out of a plane, otherwise...I think youmight loose a few MPH but I wouldn't imagine there being any other ill effects.

I like the Dubble bubble I have, looks really nice on the bike. Fits the lines well...and I can see my gauges..

First of all I conducted a poll a while ago and found that something like 70% or 80% of riders change the stock screen. Probably 98% of them go with Double Bubbles and are very happy with them. Most people probably have the Zero Gravity DB because it has been out the longest. But after reading a lot of evaluations, I would rank satisfaction in the following order:

1. Power Bronze DB
2. Pyramid DB
3. Zero Gravity DB

I have the Pyramid and very, very happy with it.

First of all I conducted a poll a while ago and found that something like 70% or 80% of riders change the stock screen. Probably 98% of them go with Double Bubbles and are very happy with them. Most people probably have the Zero Gravity DB because it has been out the longest. But after reading a lot of evaluations, I would rank satisfaction in the following order:

1. Power Bronze DB
2. Pyramid DB
3. Zero Gravity DB

I have the Pyramid and very, very happy with it.
Good point Thinker,

techbum,

I have a Zero Gravity Double Bubble in Dark smoke.  I am really happy with it.  It is a little thin so I needed to use some electrical tape along the lower edges (inside) to keep it from vibrating.  The coolest thing is that it is really optically clean, doesn't have near the distortion of the factory screen and it fits perfect. I would buy another one for sure...

I have never seen a Pyramid DB but if Thinker says it's good stuff then it is sure to be good stuff.  I might kinda watch the PowerBronze stuff though, some folks swear by them but others have had some fitting problems...Such as they do not fit...

I've got a euro screen... check with the seller forst to see what the return policy is in case of a bad fit. Mine, and I've heard others don't fit well, evidently a factory defect on some. I had mine painted before i fitted it so i couldn't return it. As for performance --I like it alot it throws a lot of air up over your head and decreases helmet buffeting. I've had no problems in the triple digits and no noticable loss of performance well into the "If a cop comes up do I stop or run" speeds.

I have a DB as well but haven't put it on yet. I also have a ZG sport touring that i use for long distance road trips 1000+ miles, sucks above 130 mph, but is a joy and a GREAT screen below that. Looks out of place and ackward on a busa though, but like i said it serves it purpose well.

Ive got the zero gravity sport touring dark smoke on my02 SE. I think it looks good fits ok needed the tape on the edges to stop the buzz. Dont see a problem with it up to 160 mph.

The PB DB fits the Busa just Fine! Thick too!
Nuh Uh!
tounge.gif

I have just heard that "SOME" of the PowerBronze folks have had problems... Something about the molds just being plain wrong...in each case though it sounded as though Powerbronze was real good about taking care of the customer.

Basically I would recommend to anyone buying new toys for their ride, get out to the meets and get togethers and look around talk to folks and then decide...Might be more leg work but it should be pretty fun leg work...

Thanks for all the input guys......I just installed the Zero Gravity DB and I am very pleased with the fit and function....not to mention the great looks. It really works well for breakin' wind(hehehe) and making it easier to see the dash. This was really the way to go as I am 6'5 and sit high on the bike. For anyone considering changing their windscreen....I would recommend this one.

Thanks for all the input guys......I just installed the Zero Gravity DB and I am very pleased with the fit and function....not to mention the great looks. It really works well for breakin' wind(hehehe) and making it easier to see the dash. This was really the way to go as I am 6'5 and sit high on the bike. For anyone considering changing their windscreen....I would recommend this one.

I would point you to the address where you could get the nicest windscreen made for the busa, but then I wouldnt be the only guy parading around with one, let me show it off for a while then I will let you know where to get one...

Okayyyyy.....you have my curiousity.....tell me,tell me....I'm always looking and interested in something new...

Back