Windscreen Question

Sandow

Registered
Hello guys,
Which of the following two has the best windprotection (its not at all about the look - they both suck lol)....
Iam looking for something (6.3 tall) for long days of riding with maximum support.
Thx In advance.

Sandow
index.jpg
mra_mra_variotouringscreen_windshield_for_suzuki_hayabusa_gsx1300_r08_750x750.jpg

Any shield that’s more upright deflects the wind higher but wind buffeting to your helmet has many variables regardless of your height. Your helmet style, your riding position, all the way back or hugging the tank, upright or really crouched, seat height, your arm length, head tilt etc.

I would say on really long rides i mostly lay on my tankbag or hide behind the windshield (somehow)...have you tried any of the two i asked about?

thx Sandow

Not on a Busa, stock shield only but I’ve used several different shields on other bikes. I’m 6’1” but I have a long reach, 37” sleeves.

I'm 6'6" and love my Vario.

Going slow I can adjust it for more or less airflow. It's the only one I have tried that has a very measurable ability to work with my height and different riding positions.
where did you get yours from?

May also want to take a look at the Laminar Lip! Had a ZG Sport touring shield on mine for many miles and its short on the looks but does help with wind deflection!

And on a side note, I found that for whatever reason the pocket of air is much more calm with a full tank bag! I even went so far as to experiment with an empty wine bladder from a box o' wine (don't judge!) to vary the shape of my tank bag and it seemed to be most smooth when full! This is with a rather large Eclipse Tank bag, YMMV.

where did you get yours from?
I think I got it from RevZilla. There is now a Vario X I probably would have gotten had it been available.

By the way the quality of their pieces are really good. Fits right, no slop. No buffeting. It does creak a little on bumps. But I think my OEM one did too.

Back