Windscreen Question

BadNasty08

Registered
I have a Puig Racing Windscreen on the way, do the mirrors have to be removed to remove the stock windscreen?
Thanks

Well, I'm having no luck getting the stock screen off. I removed the outside bolts and inner "push pins", but I don't know. :banghead:

They just pull out. They don't come out real easy but they are tougher than you would think.

I got them out. They were held up by another layer of plastic in there, what a pain !!
The Puig is here, but I'll have to see if I can get it in there. I have no patience for working on this kind of stuff

Just a tip. Start the bolt back into the plug before you try to push it back in.

Tip Of The Day Winner !!
Thank you too Big E. The Puig looks good on there, but the body is not quite flush with the contour on the edge
on the clutch side, it could have been that way with the stock screen and I might not have noticed it.
Now to cool off...

The stock windscreen fits flush. I don't sweat the small step as it doesn't affect the air deflection property's.

Now at 120 I get a helmet shake, most likely due to riding position.

The stock wind screen thew the air right into my helmet and caused it to sound like your in a base drum at a rock concert.

I took that side back apart to check it out, and the rubber grommet was off a little.
Now it's flush and looks like it should. Now I'm happy.

Update: The Puig Racing Windscreen is a Huge improvement over the stock screen.
There is way less turbulence and wind noise.

Back