Windscreen Mod

ksheldon

Ex Rookie
Donating Member
Registered
Help,

What is a solution to reducing the windblast at freeway speeds? Will a double bubble windscreen give more protection?

Thanks for any input

yeah, the double bubble will help out, the biggest one tho is the sport touring screen. I have one (sport touring) I don't use anymore... smoke color. will sell it to ya if you want. can post pics later too.

go here and click on hayabusa, sport touring

How tall are you? The stock screen airflow hit me in the chest. The double bubble pushed it up to hit me in the head, which sucks on long highway rides. I'm considering getting a sport touring screen for highway rides.

I'm 6'8" by the way.

Did you get it? Do you Like it?
...and where is the thread on R&R of the damn thing?

drink.gif

Help,

What is a solution to reducing the windblast at freeway speeds?  Will a double bubble windscreen give more protection?

Thanks for any input
The Double bubble is nice cause you can see the gauges and it provides some additional wind protection. However, I noticed that it actually made the wind noise a bit worse, instead of the wind hitting me in the shoulder and upper body it hits me right around the middle of my visor creating a good deal of extra racket. Not the end of the world, but more noise.

I agree with the last post. The ST isn't what I expected. Seems like there is more wind and noise instead of less. Verdict is still out. Check here ion a couple of days and there may be a new smoked ST for sale..........

The ST serves a very specific purpose, its built for touring I'm very pleased with the performance of mine, but i've also got the stock, a euro, and a double bubble. All depends on the mood of the day.

Guys,

I just returned from the World Superbike races at Laguna Seca and I had a set of custom ear plugs molded for only $40 and the ride home was awesome.

I had ask about the double bubble as the windblast on the stock screen was more than I was used to. I was asking for advice as I was afraid that a double bubble would move the wind blast from my chest to my helmet and increase the noise and from your responses that looks like what would happen.

The moulded ear plugs allow me to hear what I need to so that I can ride safely, but knocked the wind noise down so low that it was just not a problem any longer.

For what it's worth!

Kent

Back