windscreen insert/nut

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Took stock screen out to tape same to get rid of vibration. When I removed the screen the rubber inner/nut piece came out also. It looked as though it was part of the screen and the "head" of it went between the screen and fairing? No problem with re-install, but had to remove inner dash part to get the rubber piece back into screen before sliding into position?
I have the rubber insert/nut through the windscreen before sliding it back into position? Manual looks like like I did it wrong? I'm thinking the rubber insert/nut should go from the outside fairing (head of insert on outside of fairing?),through hole and into the windscreen?
Confused? I know, only jerks do the work then look at the manual??
Any help readily accepted.
Thanks in advance.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125526325 -->

Insert windscreen, then put the rubber inserts in from the outside, through the fairing, into the windscreen. (A little bit of spit helps) Make sure the little lip goes through the windscreen. Then insert the screw w/washer and snug it up. As you tighten it, the rubber insert will expand. This is why the lip has to be in past the screen.  
beerchug.gif

Dakkine2,
I thought I had done it wrong, but it's always nice to have a second opinion. Just finished doing it the right way. Thanks
thumbs-up.gif

Back