Wind Screens

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
According to that poll I conducted, a staggering 63% of all Busa riders change to a Double Bubble of some sort, with the vast majority going with Zero Gravity.

63%- WOW!

Thinker

Thinker,
Speaking for me the stock screen cuts off the gauges and you can't get behind it very well on the track.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

According to that poll I conducted, a staggering 63% of all Busa riders change to a Double Bubble of some sort, with the vast majority going with Zero Gravity.

63%- WOW!

Thinker
I told you...

Brian
I'm with you...its the Stunnahman that doesn't believe that the aftermarkets make a difference.

My only point is that the Pyramid DB was thicker than the Zero DB. Plenty of people have verified this.

i don't know much about the Power Bronze...want to see one.

Here you go.

post-11-74839-pb1.jpg

I never used a ZG DB on my Bus. I sold it to Cache before I installed it. I decided to go clear instead. I used a stock replacement on my ZX-9. It was the dark smoke. I loved it. People here say they aren't that good on the Bus, but I can't verify that. I will let you know about the one above this summer. Or you could ask Postal.

I understand that most track racers replace the stock windscreens with LARGER ones for the same reason Howlin said. I replaced mine with a Zero Gravity SP and liked it a lot. I think the stock one is rubbish on the Busa.

I've got to double up on what Howlin said. I too couldn't see half of my instruments. Definitely a pain to have to tuck under just to see my speedo!

I'm keeping mine stock. I'm 6ft and I have to look "under" the windscreen to see the guages, but only if there's glare from the sun. I ride mostly at night, so I can see through the screen. I rarely tuck and when I do I just slide back a little and I fit right in. I like the way the other screens look, but it's not for me, just my 2c.

At the track up here your windscreen has to be stock because of the way the aftermarket ones break into sharp pieces . this was a rule quite awhile ago maybe its changed . I am looking for a stock looking Iridium colored windscreen anyone know who makes a blue one for my bike Any pics of some of these windsrceens

i'm taking a track skewl in 107 days and its a real tight one, only one short straight, so i'm in for a workout.

i like the double bubble shields, but up here in canada they're too expensive.

my only peeve with the stock visor is that at night when ur fully tucked, you can't see thru it cuz the guages are reflecting too brightly off the screen and overwhelm the light off the road.

Postal,

Your windscreen looks great. How much higher is it than stock? Does it offer good protection from the wind? I have a stock screen and the wind hits me just under the chinstrap, it kind of sucks on long trips. Was it easy to install? Thanks for your feedback.

I really like the profile of that power bronze discreet. My plan was to change my windscreen this spring. i look forward to your future comments on its performance

Go with the double bubble. It's higher so you can see the tops of the gauges and it will resist the wind better.
jump9.gif

I didnt see anything on zero gravitys website about Iridium colored windscreen anyone have one or know if they offer one

Back