wind screen

gurrera

Registered
OK so what is the trick in putting the rubber grommet back in to9 the wind screen and the upper cowling????

Thin rubber part into the hole on the screen from the inside of the screen. Then postion the screen as you pull back on the ram-air covers if you haven't removed them. Hold the rubber from the other side as you screw in the screw on the outside of the fairing. I have the same brain fart everytime i re-install. Good luck!

Put the screw in one or two threads, I put a little spit on the rubber, with the black cover held back I line it up and push it in with the screw. The screw makes the rubber stretch out and go through the windshield easier. Once in just tighten it up!

question, ,, is the rubber suppose to be showing on the OUTSIDE of the faring or only on the surface of the windscreen, I dont remember

if the rubber is left on the inside you eventualy have problems.... 9months to be exact lol

Mine is on the inside..but who knows, i could be wrong. I think the rubber on the outside looks tacky.

Good one chrisjp!:laugh:

I believe it workes like any wedge anchor...... the rubber lip inside or out it will work fine

with the rubber lip inside it just a little cleaner look.

Thanks I got it.
I pushed it through the fairing first whith vassaline then through the screen.:thumbsup:
Please let me know if the rubber goes behind the fairing?:whistle:
I can fix that.:bowdown:

Just ship that '99 to my addy with all parts and the keys and I'll take care of it for ya :whistle:

Back