Wind Powered LED lights

christianjax

Registered
Anyone seen these? I bought these on Ebay. Haven't arrived yet. Only 5 bucks for a pair. (plus shipping) If you want some, you can find them under a search on ebay for motorcycle lights.
I'm not comfortable cutting into my wires so these seemed perfect to give me more night visibility (even daytime).
ledlight.jpg

ledlight2.jpg

and these
ledlight3.jpg

what do you think?

How fast do you have to go to get them to light up:rofl:
You can only mount them with the little fan exposed to the wind.
That must limit where you can mount them.
Seems funny to me.:rofl:

Looks interesting, now you can say your bike has turbos. Let us know how well they work.

I was thinking of putting the longer ones inside the opening of the front fairing, mounted vertically near the forks. the smaller ones I was going to mount on the round reflectors on front forks, and if they work backwards, I'll mount some on the rear round reflectors. (the ones that everyone rushes to remove). My wife was following me last week in the car and she said that it really is hard to see me at night. I was almost killed a few years ago by some bozo that "didn't see me" so I don't want any excuses.

How fast do you have to go to get them to light up:rofl:
You can only mount them with the little fan exposed to the wind.
That must limit where you can mount them.
Seems funny to me.:rofl:

I can see why you think they are funny.:laugh: But like I said, they are cheap, and stick on with double stick tape. If they look ghey, or don't work, I can easily remove with no harm to my electrical system. Frankly, I don't see any negatives.

You guys crack me up. And my wife would prefer that I DO keep the women off.
The signature pic does NOT have the lights. I haven't even recieved them yet. I'll post pics when they arrive. You may not like the looks, but they are small and shouldn't be too noticable during the day. But if they make it more obvious to cagers that I'm a motorcycle and not a car with a headlight out coming at them at night, the better. Had Suzuki had the good sense to make the turn signals running lights I wouldn't worry about it. And since I'm no electrician, I'm not willing to jerry rig it myself.

How 'bout mounting them on your helmet? :rofl:

I look forward to your assessment of them, when you have 'em installed, bro.

:beerchug:

My parents have this on their HJC helmets and it really does make a difference. The blinking LEDs make it clear from behind that there is a bike ahead. Doesn't do any good from front or sides.

Helmet Light

There is even a bike gear manufacturer who makes a helmet with built-in lighting in the back.

So have you tried anything else other than this to be seen.

They have pretty BRIGHT headlights available.

There is even a bike gear manufacturer who makes a helmet with built-in lighting in the back.

You are correct sir. One brand is Akuma at :: Akuma Helmets ::

They look nice and have a good crash cert, just haven't seen any in a store to try on. Fit is KINDA important when it comes to helmets.

They've also got a face shield that "blacks out" on a switch.

Back