Will this work... ?

IMO,I never like to take short cuts on stuff like this.I'm sure that it somehow works,not sure how,but if it were me,I'd bite the bullet and get a tree that will allow your forks to slide up .
This is just what I would do,and is NOT written in stone....

hay pan look in to reaper risers. new 35$ delivered. they have 3/4"- 1 1/4".

Those look just like the Pingle bushings and yes they work great. I don't have them on my bike (she is not lowered) but Shibumi has them on his and it is awesome.

Don

Cool. I'm going to get some Reaper Risers, I think.

What's a recommended setting? 1"?

Ok, now I'm going to add my .02 worth. Save yourself some money and go to your local nut and bolt distributor with your stock triple tree bolts in hand so they can give you a longer bolt to accomodate the length you want with the same tensile strength or stronger which is stamped on the stock bolts. While you're there  get a couple of washers to. The goal is to stack together enough washers to accomodate the size you want for each bolt.

Before you install anything glue your stacked washers together  and paint to match your bike. Just make sure to keep the lenght of you stacked washers below 1.25" (max height).

I've personally this done mod to both of my Busa with no ill effects.  Its the same concept just cheaper and just as strong or stronger.

I GOT MO TIME THAN MONEY !!!

1.25" drop in front.

DSC02186.jpg

Those will work just fine. I have exactly the same type but I lowered 1.25".

True, not as cosmetically pleasing as reaper risers but more cost effective.

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 13 2006,06:11) ... to lower the front without buying anything else? I just saw this and was curious if it will really work without buying a new triple tree.

http://www.spyderracing.com/Chrome-....-40.htm
Pam I mean Pan,
If you want, I can turn U some risers for free.
They are two piece so you can drop 5/8" or 1 1/4" long by 1" diameter.
You'll have to find yer own bolts tho.........
They look like this. A little nicer than a stack of washers........
I did not lower the front so  I made some spacers for the space above the fork tubes also.
Let me know.

post_11_13974_DSC00597.jpg

(Rhythm @ Sep. 13 2006,07:21) Ok, now I'm going to add my .02 worth. Save yourself some money and go to your local nut and bolt distributor with your stock triple tree bolts in hand so they can give you a longer bolt to accomodate the length you want with the same tensile strength or stronger which is stamped on the stock bolts. While you're there  get a couple of washers to. The goal is to stack together enough washers to accomodate the size you want for each bolt.

Before you install anything glue your stacked washers together  and paint to match your bike. Just make sure to keep the lenght of you stacked washers below 1.25" (max height).

I've personally this done mod to both of my Busa with no ill effects.  Its the same concept just cheaper and just as strong or stronger.

I GOT MO TIME THAN MONEY !!!

1.25" drop in front.

DSC02186.jpg
+1

IGMTTM!!!

I ended up buying stuff to lower the front and rear... thanks for the replies.

Back