Will the RCC intercooler set up allow high speed distance riding?

Turbo Bob

Registered
I know this is blasphemy but I have a ZX14R stage two fully built motor turbo with meth injection. Just to be clear I also have a built 08 Busa so I am part of the club. But the guys I ride with ride for miles in the 160-180mph and beyond and I can't ride like that because I empty the meth tank cruising because I'm in boost for so long. Richard has come out with a water to air intercooler for the 14 using the ultra core. My question is do any of you guys with the ultra intercooled bikes run the way I described? Richard says I wouldn't need the meth any longer with the kit. Posting here because the ZX14 forums have no information on turbos like there are on here.

With good gas a good tune the intercooler should hold temps down for extended runs.
I'd talk to one of the sponsors on here though for your definition of extended run and validate intercooling can keep it under control.

The zx a2w is a touch smaller then the ultra plenum for the Busa’s.

However I can tell you from experience that with the ultra plenum we have countless customers with 400hp pump gas bikes running all out in the middle of summer without any issues. It’s a great product and well with the investment.

I was just reading some threads here and came upon my own older thread and thought I would give it an update. I did buy the intercooler from RCC and I can now attest to it's effectiveness, I have been able to run 93 pump 15lbs of boost which on my bike gives me around 340hp and cruise with the boys as fast as I want and can make a wot for 1-2 miles with no problem. Richard said after a run like that I should let it cool down a bit to get rid of the heat soak and then I can do it again. It was well worth the $2,500. to be able to get rid of the meth inj. and cruise in boost the way I want.

Yes, everything you need minus labor if you're having someone install it. We did have to change the boost lines because of different up pipe.

I was just reading some threads here and came upon my own older thread and thought I would give it an update. I did buy the intercooler from RCC and I can now attest to it's effectiveness, I have been able to run 93 pump 15lbs of boost which on my bike gives me around 340hp and cruise with the boys as fast as I want and can make a wot for 1-2 miles with no problem. Richard said after a run like that I should let it cool down a bit to get rid of the heat soak and then I can do it again. It was well worth the $2,500. to be able to get rid of the meth inj. and cruise in boost the way I want.View attachment 1606248
What kind of psi and hp were you making with the meth kit on 93 pump? Also do you have the low compression pistons?

my two cents
For the money add a Intake air temp sensor and gauge
and a water tank temp gauge
then let her
RIP and keep one eye on the gauges

Back