Will it fit?

snakeyezzz

Registered
I might have the opportunity to get an 08 motor, ECU, wiring harness, tac, switches, and everything to swap over to my 07. Will it fit? What are the pro and cons of doing this?

Nothing but I would be getting this with no money out of my pocket. This is just in the thinking and talking stage but if I can make it happen I will probably do it. Just wondering what I might have to do to fit it.

I would just swap the heads and cams. Otherwise, you have a lot to change in terms of computer, airbox, etc.

I will be helping with it but a dealer wants my motor and may be willing to swap everything for me (but I like to do as much as I can myself). I will be going to see him later this week or next week to talk more about it. If I didn't already do so much to my 07 I'd probably just trade it in for the 08, but I like my bike.

Last edited:
I might have the opportunity to get an 08 motor, ECU, wiring harness, tac, switches, and everything to swap over to my 07. Will it fit? What are the pro and cons of doing this?
Externally everythings the same except the airbox/throttle body set-up. You might need the 08 tank to fit over the new style airbox......otherwise the 08 should bolt in just like the 1st gen motor did.

you may need the instrument cluster, and main stay to mount it as well....unless the gen one cluster will work(I know gen 2 has a gear indicator in it) also you will need the controls from the right side clip on for the 3 mode switch...if I was given the opportunity, I would do the swap for sure....also you may want to get a relocation kit for the rectifier so you don't have to mount the new one to your winglit....

Back