Will I EVER buy a CD again?!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I have so many CDs; Mike even bought me the then cutting edge technology that was the Sony 100 and 200 disc CD changer...I mean, that was the thing to have for the music lover...

After last year's run to Deal's Gap, I realized just how much I miss music while traveling on the Busa, and just how much I hate hearing Harleys for hours on end  
crazy.gif
 so Mike bought me a SanDisk 2GB mp3 player...life will never be the same!  I can't believe I didn't jump all over this technology when it came out...downloading that one song you always wanted but didn't get...going through hundreds of CDs to copy over those 2 or 3 songs you liked, yet paid $15 for the entire release... *sigh*  If I could get all of that $ back, I'd own a few Busas...

I've had a blast going through all of the CDs from my college days though...pretty much nothing but alternative, and honestly, I'd forgotten just how much of it I'd acquired over the years...good stuff...my MP3 player is nearly full (I promise you, I could fill a 40 GB player if given the chance) and I'm ready for the ride to Deal's Gap this year...  
biggrin.gif
And Mike's hooked my Mustang up with a connection for the mp3 player too, so I pretty much carry it everywhere now...

Life is good...CDs stink...  
laugh.gif

I feel ya Va, welcome to 2007!!

I will never buy a CD unless it is a blank one to burn the songs I have <s>pirated</s> downloaded
laugh.gif

Between XM, MP3 players, and CD burners its OVER.

laugh.gif
Pirated?! Hrmmmm, I'm certain I don't know what you're talking about...

Do you use LimeWire? I've heard good things about it, can't get to it from work and at home on dial-up it's a nightmare to even load, so I have yet to see the site...

I use Rhapsody and man, I'm addicted to just hitting that "buy" button one song at a time...I don't want to add 'em all up...I'd get scared...

Can't believe I waited so long to have a stinkin' mp3 player...now if I could only master cell phones
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I use BearShare, you will never get this to work right with your firewalls at work.

Be careful it may set off an alarm with your IT group, not that I have done that here before.
wink.gif

Buying them is a lot easier and you get good quality, but I cannot bring myself to spending money on songs.

Cell phones is a whole nother topic. I have to put on a BlackBerry 101 course here at work so that the ladies will know how to use them.

well I have 750 GIGs of music... if ya need something I probably have it somewhere
cool.gif
Actually in the process of updating my library and backing it all off to DVD for safe keeping... these external drives are nice but only last but sooo long and I dont wanna have to find these again.

I'll be at the gap, so let me know if you want something Michelle
beerchug.gif

oh yeah, if you ever install a sat. radio on your busa with an mp3 player, you will find a whole new love of riding
cool.gif

(heavybusa @ Feb. 26 2007,14:11) I use BearShare, you will never get this to work right with your firewalls at work.

Be careful it may set off an alarm with your IT group, not that I have done that here before.
wink.gif

Buying them is a lot easier and you get good quality, but I cannot bring myself  to spending money on songs.

Cell phones is a whole nother topic. I have to put on a BlackBerry 101 course here at work so that the ladies will know how to use them.
I AM in the IT department, so I know what gives me trouble, what to whine about to the boss (years back, it was because I couldn't get to any Las Vegas sites to book a damn hotel room LOL)...also know ways around such problems
wink.gif

Rhapsody works from work just fine, $.99 per song; haven't bought too much yet; mostly going through all of my old CDs and moving songs around...it's been a fun walk down memory lane and some CDs make me wonder wtf I was thinking when I bought 'em LOL It is great to finally buy songs that I've wanted for SO long now...I'm addicted...

My cell phone woes are just that I hate being THAT in touch with the world...I forget to charge it, barely recall the # LOL A Blackberry would kill me!
tounge.gif

wink.gif

(zukracer @ Feb. 26 2007,14:20) well I have 750 GIGs of music... if ya need something I probably have it somewhere
cool.gif
  Actually in the process of updating my library and backing it all off to DVD for safe keeping... these external drives are nice but only last but sooo long and I dont wanna have to find these again.

I'll be at the gap, so let me know if you want something Michelle  
beerchug.gif
Yeah, if I recall, you were testing uploading 'em to SQL and you were going to share
biggrin.gif

Did you ever do that?! I'm sure I'd have plenty to download...give me a link to the db man!
laugh.gif

I tossed around the idea of satellite radio on the Busa; have the Roady2 lying around the house...not sure I'd use it enough to keep the subscription though...the sound quality in Mike's car was not so great (very muted) so he gave it up...I'm sure on the Busa it would be better, but if I can't have it in the car too, I don't know that it would be worth the cost...

Congrats and welcome to 5+ years ago.
beerchug.gif
tounge.gif

J/K!! Anyways, I got a new iPod Video 80 GB and put like 6000 songs in it and only used 28 gig. Crazy. But I still have another 3000 songs to import. so.....

(gtrpimp76 @ Feb. 26 2007,14:36) Congrats and welcome to 5+ years ago.  
beerchug.gif

tounge.gif

J/K!! Anyways, I got a new iPod Video 80 GB and put like 6000 songs in it and only used 28 gig. Crazy. But I still have another 3000 songs to import. so.....
NO KIDDING?! Have I been under a rock or what?! I mean, I've always been cutting edge with the music scene/toys and I missed the boat on this one 'til 2 months ago! LOL

I told Mike I'd fill the 2GB in no time; he didn't believe me and now he sees me rolling through the menu and deleting songs for other ones...

Good luck finding space for all those songs!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

well I have been sorting songs and trying to nail down duplicates... also trying to find a reliable storage media for that much data... my buddy is setting up a san at his house, hoping I can get on that.... think he's got some good raid action and 3tb of space, so maybe I can take some up
cool.gif
otherwise, it will be some isolated access til I can figure it all out

You Zuk, I am still working towards a 1bt external.

Thats the ticket for me.
beerchug.gif

Shame on me for asking.... "Whats an IPOD?"

Does it remove the requirement for a TRE?

JK of course, I'm with you Michelle on this one. Cept I haven't gotten one yet any pointers?

(ks-waterbug @ Feb. 26 2007,15:37) Shame on me for asking.... "Whats an IPOD?"

JK of course, I'm with you Michelle on this one. Cept I haven't gotten one yet any pointers?
ices_rofl.gif

MP3 players a great but I still like buying cds. Theres just something about buying mp3s online that I don't like. When buying cds I have It in my hands. Mp3s just seem like paying for air to me. I know I'm weird.

yeah, I'm considerin a 1tb drive as well, since they are becoming more affordable, however my problem is that I want redundancy, so really need to get them all backed up to DVD, then I have lots of options. I could keep a tb drive or more likely several smaller external drives or build a dvd server and just access from the drives. Regardless of all of the back end, I have to nail it down so no one I dont want gets access.... that could and will get me in some hot water
SHOCKED.gif

(ks-waterbug @ Feb. 26 2007,14:37) Shame on me for asking.... "Whats an IPOD?"

well at some point I will make the plunge into an IPOD, just waiting for them to get a little bigger so I can load several movies at one time on them or movies plus music....

either way when i get one, I'm gonna get one of these virtual display units

cool.gif

(zukracer @ Feb. 26 2007,15:48) yeah, I'm considerin a 1tb drive as well, since they are becoming more affordable, however my problem is that I want redundancy, so really need to get them all backed up to DVD, then I have lots of options. I could keep a tb drive or more likely several smaller external drives or build a dvd server and just access from the drives. Regardless of all of the back end, I have to nail it down so no one I dont want gets access.... that could and will get me in some hot water
SHOCKED.gif
Well remember mine was more for pictures than music.

But yeah I think you have enough music to qualify as a felony.

Back