Will ecu flash void my extended warranty????

fremo66

Registered
I have a 2008 busa with an extended warranty till feb.2014. will flashing the ecu void it? thanks in advance

Warranty is only void if the modification is directly responsible for the malfunction and then they can only claim it on that malfunction.

Screw it they never cover anything anyway, just hack that ECU! :laugh:

Don't tell them.
If you take the bike in I would remove the 2 extra wires just so it looks stock.

If they knew it was flashed then i'm willing to bet they would void part if not all the warranty. They look for reasons to not pay out.

Just remove the harness/wires (evidence) and put a stock program back on it. They won't be able to tell.

If you remove your reflectors and mod your license plate holder, they will claim it caused your clutch to explode, or motor to sieze or whatever, lol. They don't want to pay for a dang thing under warranty. If you remove the evidence as O Holy P said, you might could get away with it.

I didn't get a warranty so mods could be done without voiding it~!~ :laugh:

I am sure that altering the ECU voids the warranty...if they know or find out.

Don't know for sure about bike shops, but cage dealerships can tell right away if there is a program/flash in the ECU. Even if it has been flashed in the past. (what they tell me anyway).

Anytime they work on it they reflash the ECU back to stock to read the proper diagnostics.

Back