Will Brocks system from 06 work on an 08?

BadAzzOJ

Registered
Hi guys, busa newb here. I've got a chance to save a few bucks if it works. Will a Brock alienhead system off of an 06 busa work on an 08? If so why the two different systems from the manufacturer? I'm getting mixed answers from the people I ask so here I am. Thanks and look forward to lots of questions from me figuring this bike out.

I think its because the Gen 2's are equipped with O2 sensor(s).

That doesn't matter because the Brocks systems delete the O2 sensor.

To the OP I am not for sure if it would work or not. I think the only ones that are interchangable are the sidewinders. The pipes on the 1st gen have an extension off the header part I believe. You might contact Brock's to see if they are interchangable.

Will it work? Yes

However, you will have to trim the fairing if you want it to fit properly. The old system doesn't have the clearance needed to fit without cutting on a Gen-II.

I would however ask Brock on the specs. I believe there is more changed in the design and the old system won't make as much power on a Gen-II as the new system will.

It will work since i have seen different systems work onto the GEN II's from the GEN I's. It would not surprise me if it didn't, but IMO it will work. All that will need to be modify is removing the butterfly wings (lower fairings)

Thanks for the answers guys... For now I've decided to wait and get the ceramic coated black system when I get a few more jingles in my pocket. I have plans of blacking out all the silver parts on my bike and saving a few bucks isn't worth changing my plans.

Yes it will work. I personally have put an Akrapovic from a 2007 Busa on an 08 Busa, and the only thing we had to do was run a little spacer between the can and the hanger bracket. I have also personally put a Brock's SMEG exhaust from an 08 Busa on a 2002 Busa and it fit also. It was a little tight behind the foot control area, but no modifications had to be done. Hopefully that helps anyone interested.

Back