Will Bike stay up with flat tire?

My Busa

Registered
So I ran over yet another screw tonight but can't do anything about it until Tuesday.

My questions is: When the tire goes completely flat, will the bike still stay up with the kick stand or will it fall over?

And no, I don't have a tire stand. The air is hissing out lol & I was like hmmmm, I hope it doesn't fall over once flat...

Rear tire....

Thoughts?

Is your bike lowered, or stock ?

I HATE when that happens !! Always seems to happen right after you get new tires too ?? :banghead:

Is your bike lowered, or stock ?

I HATE when that happens !! Always seems to happen right after you get new tires too ?? :banghead:

It's stock... AND I just bought a NEW tire a couple weeks ago because I picked up a nail lol.... But was able to get it replaced before it went flat. This time I'm SOL until Tuesday So I was like oh sh*T!

So what do you think?

Stock with stock kick stand..Rear tire..

Park it against a wall.
Park it with the kickstand on lower ground.(shallow hole)
Rark it with the back tire on a piece of plywood.

I dont know...but I wouldn't just chance it.

RSD.

I'd think it should be fine. If it's going to be flat before you can get it fixed anyway, why not just go ahead and let all the air out? That way you'll be right there when it happens and you won't have to worry about it.

I'd think it should be fine. If it's going to be flat before you can get it fixed anyway, why not just go ahead and let all the air out? That way you'll be right there when it happens and you won't have to worry about it.

Might just be me Flicka,but I still wouldn't chance it. Bike settles even more over time,rim slides on the flat,shifts a bit.

I dunno,why chance it? Is it that hard to park it against a wall? O well...not my bike. Carry on.

RSD.

flip it over on the handle bars and seat like we used to do with our BMX bikes. I'm sure I seen that in the Owners manual.

Yep, bike will stay up on kickstand with flat front or rear tire with no danger of falling.

Yep! It will stay up with stock setup.

DSC08447.jpg

Wow, that was big of ya to deflate your tire for him Ted :laugh:

After reading your post I'd say no. I know you can ride two up on a flat Michelin. Not saying ride around on a flat tire, just saying that some of these tires are amazing.

In hindsight, I should have continued to ride with the flat tire until my next stop as it was a straught FL out in the middle of no where.

In hindsight, I should have continued to ride with the flat tire until my next stop as it was a straught FL out in the middle of no where.

This just would not have been a problem if you had purchased a tire fix it kit from Pashnit, either CO2 cartridge or mini compressor :laugh:

Back