Will a PCII from a 2000 TL1000R work on my 99 Busa?

zerohennie

Registered
Hi Guys

Ive been scratching around in the garage and found my old TL1000R's PCII in a box , checked out the plugs , and they fit on my busa's Ecu,when I plug it in and try to start the bike it does not. Any ideas?

Hi Guys

Ive been scratching around in the garage and found my old TL1000R's PCII in a box , checked out the plugs , and they fit on my busa's Ecu,when I plug it in and try to start the bike it does not. Any ideas?
Not 100% sure on this....but the obvious that jumps to mind is TL is a twin, Busa is a 4 cyl - did you remap yet with a Busa map?

Hi, not yet, I still need to remap the unit, but just want to make sure whether the unit will work if mapped. When I plug it in it does not display anything on the lean/Rich level, must the unit display anything when it gets power or not? I have never noticed it on my TL, but seeing that I am trying this on my Busa I am in new territory.....dunno if it's going to work out or not. And also my busa is 100% stock but I plan on shortening the pipes and doing the airbox mod, do I need a PC to see power gains from the airbox mod?

Lots of questions I know

Thanks guys

I would map it first if it makes your bike lean youll be in a world of trouble....if you dont have a laptop use a 9 volt batterie and your desktop and the stock busa map is on dyno tunes website for free Power Commander General Downloads
you may want to call them first too 1-800-992-4993

Last edited:
Back