Will a GEN 1 tail (or something like it) fit on a GEN 2?

07BUSA420

Registered
Hi.
So I have a GEN1 and LOVE the looks of it, especially the tail section which has been modified to make room the the rear tire to be moved back.
I am tired of waiting on a GEN3 'Busa and so if they do not announce one by 2016 I will snag a used 50th anniversary (this years Red/Black one). Problem is.... the assend of my sons KYMCO 50cc scooter looks better then the tails on the GEN2's IMO.:laugh:
I can't be the only one that has had a problem with how the GEN2's look from the seat back, so will the GEN1 bolt up to it? Or is there a company making nice aftermarket ones?
P.S. Just got my Hayabusa Kanji tattoo so I don't give a crap if they come out with a kOW ZX-58.... I am still 'Busa FOR LIFE! :poke:
Come on GEN3s!!!!!:please:

B1.jpg

B5.jpg

B6.jpg

Yes, but you'll need the subframe, seat, everything from the Gen1

And BTW, Gen2's tail sections are WAY sexier. :laugh:

Oh I see what you did there dad!:moon:
Lucky for me I don't know any dudes with one and mine has the PC3, tuned pipe, k&N, ect. So mine is the fastest of the dudes I ride with.
I have been very interested to see how mine does trying to hang with a GEN2 but I have not had the chance yet.

ME Jay! What the heck are thes side wing supposed to do for the GEN2 tail? The look like a maxi-pad for a horse stuck on there, and for what?

What the heck are thes side wing supposed to do for the GEN2 tail? The look like a maxi-pad stuck on there, and for what?

Maybe you can grab one as it passes you to help deal with the vaginal pain? Cramps? :laugh:

As I've said before, when the Gen 2's came out, I really didn't like the tail. I was thinking the same as you- buy a Gen 2 and swap a Gen 1 tail on. But, after looking at the Gen 2s for a couple years (especially in real life, looks better than pics), the new tail grew on me. I now think the Gen 1 looks huge, clunky and old. Only Gen 1 part I'd consider putting on my Gen 2 now is the front fender...

I am glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks the GEN1one tail looks good.
Don't get me wrong, I think that the GEN1 tail sticks up just a touch high on the top hump and therefore I like the top "aerodynamic hump" part of the GEN2 tales better. It is just those damn ugly side things that kill me is all. They look like a cheap, usless, bolt on that looks WAY LESS aerodynamic then the side of the GEN1 tail does.
If they do away with those things on the GEN3 (that I hope is coming out soon) then we will know that they were not thrilled with them either.
If they stay on the GEN3, or if I get sick of watching Suzuki twittle their thumbs in the face of the ZX-14, then I will get a GEN2, take it to my VERY good paint/body man, and have a custom tail made.
COME ON GEN3s!!!!
NO HORSE-MAXI-PAD SIDE WING THINGS PLEASE! :-)

As I've said before, when the Gen 2's came out, I really didn't like the tail. I was thinking the same as you- buy a Gen 2 and swap a Gen 1 tail on. But, after looking at the Gen 2s for a couple years (especially in real life, looks better than pics), the new tail grew on me. I now think the Gen 1 looks huge, clunky and old. Only Gen 1 part I'd consider putting on my Gen 2 now is the front fender...
When the first pix were released I was like OMG, but I love my Gen II, nothing wrong with a Gen I and the 99 00 models are still the fastest. I remember being disappointed in the trunk space. My only complaint. After 6 years I still can't pin it from a dead start.

Both gen's have the "pod" look, just that the Gen2 made use of the weird shape and put the signals in 'em..

0906_sbkp_09_z+1999_suzuki_gsx1300r_hayabusa+rear_view.jpg

suzuki-hayabusa-back-light-view.jpg

0906_sbkp_09_z+1999_suzuki_gsx1300r_hayabusa+rear_view.jpg

suzuki-hayabusa-back-light-view.jpg

@gsxrbot; Thanks for the pics!
In stock form (and from the REAR view) like that I do think that the GEN2 looks better, but look at the pics up top OF MY GEN1 tail. There are no ugly turn signals and no holes where they used to be. all run off of the center LEDs. I guess what I was wondering is if the GEN2 had a kit like what mine has that just makes them look more sleek in the rear.
Look at the Stock Gen1 tail pic and look at MY GEN1 tail pic. HUGE difference in looks.
I just did not know if they had some similar smoother look for the GEN2s.
When yall move the rear tire back on a GEN2 you do have to remove and/or trim a few parts correct?

Question answered!
Check out how much better this 08 looks minus those ugly pipes and rear fender streamlined some.
I would have kept the hump instead of the back seat though, I ride WAY too hard for any passengers!:laugh:

08BUSA.jpg

Yup, that one above...with an 8 inch stretch, remove those red reflectors in the back, lower the front and I would be a buyer on that bad boy! :-)

I think it is the fact that they are a SEPARATE piece from the tail on the GEN2, instead of PART of the shape of the tail like on the GEN1s that makes it look so weird to me.
Anybody have a picture of what GEN2 looks like with the rear fender and side wings unbolted from it so I can see what general shape it is? I bet it would have potential! :-)

13BUSA.jpg

B6.jpg

B1.jpg

Back