Will a Busa fit in the back of a standard sized cargo van?

Takeuon

Registered
Anyone have experience if the Busa will fit through the opening of a standard sized cargo van?
I'm concerned about it being too tall? At this time I am unable to measure the vans rear doors.

TIA for your help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cargo Box height is listed as 51.9". Not sure if that is at the doors or ceiling once inside.

Last edited:
Thanks TBB....off the top of my head i can't recall....do you know how tall the Busa is? I'm sure if it's tight I could remove the windscreen but just curious. Need to transport mine in a few days and at the moment it doesn't have wheels or tires on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I seen on here where a member was using a conversion van for starage and transport. Should be the same size door openings.

and here's the pic

DSCN0042.jpg

It does fit in a chevy cargo van, thats how I got mine home from up north in january, you will have about 2-3 inches of clearance due to ramp angle.

I have the van setup pictured. I went and measured it for you and the applicable opening is right at 50in as is. I did have to remove a speaker rack at the back of the van because it hung down about 8in and would have hit the windscreen. 49.4 should be fine. The Gen1 windscreen is only 2 screws so you could just remove it every time if necessary.

For reference, I have a Gen1, and the front is lowered an inch, though I'm not sure how much that matters. I love it though; I have over 2ft on each side, I can actually work on it in the van. (I rerouted some wiring while it was in the van just the other day)

Though I haven't looked closely to the fit, I have seen them being pushed in and out of vans at Maxton. Seems to be a fairly common tow vehicle.

Don't mean to be personal, but hope she's coming back home~?~ ???

Edit: Of course I just thought about it...most would be pre lowered at Maxton

Last edited:
Glad your asking this Takeuon. Want to transport mine on occasion and thought a Cube would be needed. Mines around 47" with a Double Bubble. Seems like strapping it down, a Cargo will work.

Brian I'm just curious how your gonna move it into the van without wheels on it ?
You gonna put some on before you load it into the van ?
I guess you would pretty much have to won't you ?
Ok forget i asked :laugh:
Moving back home to NC as you mentioned on the phone the other day ?

Brian I took mine all the way from Ok to the bash in NC 15 hours in a GMC astro van... The nose of the bike was between the seats but it made the trip just fine.. It the busa would fit in there I can't imagine that it wouldnt fit in any other van...

Though I haven't looked closely to the fit, I have seen them being pushed in and out of vans at Maxton. Seems to be a fairly common tow vehicle.

Don't mean to be personal, but hope she's coming back home~?~ ???

Edit: Of course I just thought about it...most would be pre lowered at Maxton

Yep...she is going back to NC with me. How long she stays with me is another question. :-(
Posted via Mobile Device

Brian I'm just curious how your gonna move it into the van without wheels on it ?
You gonna put some on before you load it into the van ?
I guess you would pretty much have to won't you ?
Ok forget i asked :laugh:
Moving back home to NC as you mentioned on the phone the other day ?

Correct Saiid....wheels are enroute thanks to a member. Heading back to NC with my tail tucked between my legs thanks to the company I worked for closing their doors and how hard it is to find decent work here in the mid west. To top it off my truck was repossed in the middle of the night last night 3 days before I was planning to leave. Hence why I'm asking about a cargo rental van.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brian I took mine all the way from Ok to the bash in NC 15 hours in a GMC astro van... The nose of the bike was between the seats but it made the trip just fine.. It the busa would fit in there I can't imagine that it wouldnt fit in any other van...

Thanks Doug. That's good news. I think it will work. I'll keep y'all posted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back