will 2008 busa fairings and nose fit on 2006 busa

The Gen II fasteners are very different than the Gen I...you may have a tough time getting them connected to the lower fairings and the uppers...not saying it's impossible, but there'd be some reworking required.

Size wise, they may be very close, but honestly, I'm not sure...

No, I haven't tried it, but it's unlikely, due to the fact that the Gen1 and Gen2 fasteners are very different (notice on the Gen2 the lack of external bolts).

I do have an extra nose piece for an '06LE, if you need one.

You try it and let us know
tounge.gif
smile.gif

The Gen II fasteners are very different than the Gen I...you may have a tough time getting them connected to the lower fairings and the uppers...not saying it's impossible, but there'd be some reworking required.  

laugh.gif
I started reading your post and was amazed at how much you know.....until I got to the end of it.

laugh.gif
I started reading your post and was amazed at how much you know.....until I got to the end of it.
Hey, it's a disclaimer since I hadn't tried it myself
tounge.gif

Now that I've torn down both generations of Busa, I feel so much smarter
laugh.gif
cool.gif

laugh.gif

If you are doing a complete fairing swap yes, but you will also need the 08 upper stay and subframe.

It's a major swap due to all the parts you will need. It's not hard, just alot of swapping involved thinking off the top of my head.

laugh.gif
Hey, it's a disclaimer since I hadn't tried it myself
tounge.gif

Now that I've torn down both generations of Busa, I feel so much smarter
laugh.gif

cool.gif
lol @ "disclaimer"

laugh.gif

Someone here locally did it and did just as BigSimp implied. Upper fairing stay and subframe was all if I remember correctly...

Saw a pic of one, here I believe, custom painted. It had the Gen 1 tail with Gen II front nose and fairings. Looked pretty damn cool actually. I like the Gen II front but still not too crazy about the tail only because I know something better could have been done.

Saw a pic of one, here I believe, custom painted.  It had the Gen 1 tail with Gen II front nose and fairings.  Looked pretty damn cool actually.  I like the Gen II front but still not too crazy about the tail only because I know something better could have been done.
that was an 08 with a gen 1 tail,bronze color,right? think that was from bike nite at hooters in del...

Saw a pic of one, here I believe, custom painted.  It had the Gen 1 tail with Gen II front nose and fairings.  Looked pretty damn cool actually.  I like the Gen II front but still not too crazy about the tail only because I know something better could have been done.
That's what I would consider. I still can't deal with the Nissan Murano-looking tailight on the Gen II, but the nose looks decent IMHO.

that was an 08 with a gen 1 tail,bronze color,right? think that was from bike nite at hooters in del...
Yep, that was the one.
thumb_up.gif

Back