Wilbers 641 on a Hayabusa

ToyBusa

Registered
Has anyone fitted a Wilbers 641 with both the remote expansion reservoir and the optional remote pre-load adjuster to their Hayabusa?

If so, how and where did you mount your remotes?

Obviously, this is not the standard "piggyback" cannister model offered for the 'Busa, but as you can see it gets a bit busy at the back of my bike at times, so I liked the idea of easier access remotes.

Thats a touring bike on a whole other level my friend
That was all loaded up for our trip to the Phillip Island MotoGP '18.

Gear -
Ali-Lite Deluxe Tourer motorcycle trailer w/extended drawbar & w/esky rack
Coleman 8-person Instant Up tent
Evakool Icekool 35lt esky
Classic Industries towbar
SW-Motech topbox & pannier racks
Givi E55 Maxia topbox
Givi V35 panniers
AirHawk seat cushion
RAM Brake/Clutch Reservoir phone & gps mounts
BrakeAway mechanical cruise control

I know Wilbers are the shock of choice for BMW's. They are not a cheap alternative though, pretty substantial stuff (I know you know this but many will not have heard of them).

I have Ohlins and the remote reservoir attached at the top of the shock. I attached the remote preload to the passenger foot peg mount.

I know Wilbers are the shock of choice for BMW's. They are not a cheap alternative though, pretty substantial stuff (I know you know this but many will not have heard of them).

I have Ohlins and the remote reservoir attached at the top of the shock. I attached the remote preload to the passenger foot peg mount.
Yeah, I figure the inside of the pillion pegs is my only option. It's difficult with the 'Busa because there's no exposed subframe on the inside, and I've got the racking and another set of feet on the outside. Plus I've got a new chain oiler I need to mount somewhere.
Cheers, --Rich.

Back