Wife's new wheels (4 that is)

FlatlandBusa

Registered
It's a fun little car to drive and gets great fuel mileage.
A recent trip on 2 lane roads averaged 36.4 mpg on the info display and calculated to 36.3 mpg at the fill up.
100% town driving it does between 27 and 28 mpg.
Got it with the optional handling package that included Michelin pilot sport tires.

IMG_20140511_115458_814.jpg

IMG_20140511_120233_056.jpg

IMG_20140511_120140_731.jpg

Thanks everyone! We have had this car for about a month now and it has been nice using almost 1/2 the fuel our edge used to.
The interior was Amy's choice, I initially had tried to talk her out of the red and black two tone. I glad she insisted on it!

Pretty good mileage for and Automatic. :laugh:

It's not a traditional auto with a torque converter. It's a dual clutch trans, basically a automated manual trans with two dry clutches, one clutch for gears 1,3,5 and one clutch for gears 2,4,6. Only disadvantage I have seen vs. a traditional auto is the occasional clutch shudder when leaving lights quickly.

Nice ride Flats.:thumbsup:My ol' lady just bought a new Subaru Forrester w/leather seats,etc. a few months ago and averages high 30's on the freeway...my old Jeep Wrangler averages 18 on same freeway,as long as there's no headwind.:laugh:

What engine does it have in it? I think I seen 1 of those with the SVT package. Supposedly them things scoot quick fast and in a hurry

What engine does it have in it? I think I seen 1 of those with the SVT package. Supposedly them things scoot quick fast and in a hurry

This one isn't the ST turbo. :banghead: If they put the auto trans with the turbo motor we would have had it. It has the tire and a handling package so it's fun in town and interstate cloverleafs.

Bumping this to the top so others can be aware.

This car has become the most disappointing and simultaneously most expensive car we have ever owned.

It has been back to the dealer numerous times for a transmission shudder bad enough that the entire car shakes. It is impossible to creap forward in a drive through or car wash. Currently we are on a waiting list for the clutch assembly, that is 8-10 weeks out with 35,000 backordered nationally according to our dealer.

We have looked at dumping this POS but it is really hard to swallow $14,000 depreciation in just 21 months and 15,000 miles of ownership. This is more depreciation than the previous 4 cars and 5 bikes,,, combined. Nobody wants these things and I don't blame them. Ford corporate screwed up allowing this transmission to be released.

Reactions: c10
Back